Active Topics

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi,
Though I have already mentioned this in the PR1.2 bugs thread and had someone confirm it as well, I still thought to start a new thread for it as I'm not sure if its actually a bug or just me.
I have application using GTK_STOCK_DIRECTORY and GTK_STOCK_PREFERENCES and before this PR1.2 it had no problems but now the icons are missing. I recompiled quite a number of times in scratchbox(updated) with no success. Anyone else??

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Hi,
Though I have already mentioned this in the PR1.2 bugs thread and had someone confirm it as well, I still thought to start a new thread for it as I'm not sure if its actually a bug or just me.
I have application using GTK_STOCK_DIRECTORY and GTK_STOCK_PREFERENCES and before this PR1.2 it had no problems but now the icons are missing. I recompiled quite a number of times in scratchbox(updated) with no success. Anyone else??
Same for me using Password Safe application as user. The GTK_STOCK_ADD does not appear in the lower left zone of the window.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Why use the stock icons, anyway? They look fugly.

Look at www.forum.nokia.com/document/Maemo_5_Icon_List/ and GtkIconTheme.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Using stock icons make sense. The user will recognize buttons with the same function at once.

I'm using Notecase Pro which also uses some stock icons (SAVE and ADD). Both icons are missing. I tried and installed Password Safe; the icon is also missing.

Do you know if this is really a bug? Or some inconsistency reached through software installation/deinstallation?

I've read anywhere that it is done on purpose (in PR1.2) to reduce the memory use on Maemo. However, this would need new apps to include their own icons or load them in other way.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Rockville, MD, USA
Still bizzare that GTK_STOCK_DELETE and _SAVE are not included.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I think the proper solution is just to have a package include the needed stock icons, or just symlinks to the already included ones.
For example, GTK_STOCK_ADD could easily just use the 'general_add' (see in the mail app or calendar app).
First we need a list of missing/needed icons.

The osso-icons-default package has messed up stock icons symlinks.

enter as root:

Code:
mv /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gtk-* /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/
..and it will be solved.

Added this to bug 10370

Last edited by accumulator; 2010-07-18 at 12:03.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Cheers accumulator, this actually fixed a boat load of applications - gnumeric, abiword, and on and on.

Thanks, this fixed all my apps (Password safe, kmplayer ..)