Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all.

This package carries about 50+ megs just in lib dependencies.

I would like to symlink whatever possible from /lib/ and /usr/lib/ to mmc2.

Just the libs that show up black in Emelfm2 if this makes any sense to anyone...

Is there perhaps a possible script to move all of these files over or do I need to do each one of them by hand?

Thanks!

I'm really hoping for an easy way to move all of the non-executable libs to my memory card....

Any help on this guys?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Is there perhaps a possible script to move all of these files over or do I need to do each one of them by hand?
I think there is a script that removes a bunch of unneeded files and symlinks some stuff to the memory card. Try googling the maemo wiki or forum, I have never used it so don't remember where it was.

You can also create a directory on the memory card, move large app/game directories to it and create symlinks back to the root filesystem. I wouldn't mass link entire system directories or you'll find yourself without a bootable system.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
So don't simlink the folders, just what is inside of them?

Okay. Will do.

I'll also try searching for whatever wiki thingy you mentioned.

Thanks buddy!

Stupid Google. *lol*

Last edited by Addison; 2012-06-02 at 16:57.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
So don't simlink the folders, just what is inside of them?
No. You can move the directories and then create symlinks to each directory. Just don't symlink system directories like /usr/share, moving and symlinking /usr/share/someapp is fine though.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

That might be the page but it isn't loading right now. I searched for "maemo remove files to free space".

And why is your screenshot using the really old Google look? Keep logging out and back in until you get the new look.

Thanks for the link since I wasn't able to find it last night.

Google has a new look?

Ooooh.

I think this forum has a cap on the number of threads you can subscribe to because it keeps removing the ASUI thread and some others. So I just went through and removed a bunch of old threads and look at what I found!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=17663

Thanks!

I have done most of what qwerty mentioned but just now realized there's a few of them I left out.

I did start downloading each dependency for Kchmviewer one at a time so I could keep track of which files to symlink to my memory card.

After about 20 of these though I finally gave up for good reasons.

I really would like to get my Harrison's 18th Edition and Nelsons book readable on the tablet.

If needed, I might have to do without SCUMM.

Or perhaps I might look into booting from SD again and relive this confusing nightmare.

Is there anything similar to dpkg-deb -X example.deb dir for installing an app?

Like could I mount my memory card and install everything needed for Kchhmviewer to there and then just manually move all of the executables files to the internal flash and symlink the rest?

That way, if my memory card ever went bust, all I would lose is the app and not the entire tablet until I got the card fixed again.