Active Topics

Hello, I have recently lost my "Nokia Stereo Headset WH-901" and I am looking for one or an alternative.

Anyone know where I can get one or a better headset for my beloved N9? Much help appreciated.

im not sure about an alternative because i really like the original headset. my n9 shipped with a wh 701 which sucked enourmosly thats why i bought the wh 901 from here

of course its a german website, but all you have to do is google for "nokia wh 901 bulk" read descriptions exactly...sometimes resellers claim to sell "wh 901" when it really is a "wh 902" with an adapter for common nokia av jack. the adapter thing sucks and leads to a non-functional headset-remote..

The Following User Says Thank You to kb61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
im not sure about an alternative because i really like the original headset. my n9 shipped with a wh 701 which sucked enourmosly thats why i bought the wh 901
I'm not sure why your device shipped with the WH701, mine came with the WH901's and they're TERRIBLE, like "Apple product headphones" bad. The WH250s that came with N900 are SO MUCH nicer. So if you want a Nokia 1st party replacement, go with those!

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...headset-wh-205

Me personally, I'm trying eliminate cables as much as possible, so I love my Plantronics Backbeats 903+. The N900 did this weird thing of speeding the music, raising pitch, and popping(as if there were interference or something) when I put the device in my holster, but the N9 doesn't have this problem AT ALL with the same holster and headphones. Must have been something finicky with the old software or something... Check them out!

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Ba...f=pd_sim_cps_1

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
I'm not sure why your device shipped with the WH701, mine came with the WH901's and they're TERRIBLE, like "Apple product headphones" bad.
hmm i like apple headphones, quality isnt too bad. of course if you want hq sound, you might want to buy another headset.
btw every n9 ships with wh 701 - had a look inside of several n9 packages and they all had this in it

I am using WH-701 and it is very good, it isn't the loudest but it is clear and it gives a really nice sound "which is way more important than being loud for me since I listen to rock mostly"

any way I just wish it is a bit louder.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I am using the headset of my old phone (SE Xperia X1, WinMo) which works fine. My guess is that any headset providing three connectors on the plug will do the trick...

Originally Posted by navot View Post
Hello, I have recently lost my "Nokia Stereo Headset WH-901" and I am looking for one or an alternative.

Anyone know where I can get one or a better headset for my beloved N9? Much help appreciated.
try the galaxy's handsets! Those are the best handsets! For me (:

Out of interest, has anyone tried any of Jaybird's bluetooth headsets with the N9? I tried a Sportsband on the N900 and it just wouldn't pick up the headphones.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by navot View Post

Have a look here :

N9/x0 Accessories: cases/car holders/gaming/other, post #106.

A++

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Hello, thanks for the reply. I wanted a wired headset for sole purpose of lengthening the battery life. I listen to a lot of music on my phone and talk a lot on it when on WiFi at home.

I'm not sure why your device shipped with the WH701, mine came with the WH901's and they're TERRIBLE, like "Apple product headphones" bad. The WH250s that came with N900 are SO MUCH nicer. So if you want a Nokia 1st party replacement, go with those!
I have heard that some of the N9's did shipped a diff headsets other than WH901. As for the WH250 I have read bad review for them. They break easily. http://www.amazon.com/Original-Nokia...By=addFiveStar

Also for the samsung galaxy headsets are they compatible at all with the N9? The N9 does not have the standard connectors at all so not just any 3.5 jack will work with them. I recently bought a puregear purebeats univ 3.5 jack and it did not work. I think the N9 is using a diff configuration on their 3.5, TRRS I think because it does video transfer as well as an output. You just need to buy the cables for it.