Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Heya Ed.

Okay, so I nuked all of my messages.

When I send a text, I don't get the immediate notification anymore. I only get the notification if someone texts me back.

Once my messages begin to fill up after awhile, then DC will go back to giving me a notification when I do send a text.

Do you understand why it goes back to having the LED blink when sending a text after the messages fill up to a certain point?

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Heya Ed.

Okay, so I nuked all of my messages.

When I send a text, I don't get the immediate notification anymore. I only get the notification if someone texts me back.

Once my messages begin to fill up after awhile, then DC will go back to giving me a notification when I do send a text.

Do you understand why it goes back to having the LED blink when sending a text after the messages fill up to a certain point?
I'm doubting its related to filing anything up but just a matter of timing. You are tempting me to not even put notification support in my Dialcentral rewrite I'm doing

I forgot, how come you don't use TOR instead?

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Actually, I deleted my messages about three days ago, let them fill up, and deleted them again like 10 or so more times.

And yeah, I'm almost positive that by doing this, I'm only getting a notification when receiving a message and not both receiving and sending like before.

I haven't used TOR because I have yet to try it.

I'll give it a whirl later tomorrow.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I forgot, how come you don't use TOR instead?
The only thing I have TOR installed for is the notification of when a message comes in. I always read and reply through DC. Nothing beats DC's display of text log and ability to scroll through them and reply to the one you select. Great app.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

Set up DialCentral with GV and sipgate on an N800 with OS2008. Works great except for an annoying 'Internet Call' volume bug.

When placing an outgoing call using DialCentral, GV generates an incoming call. Internet Call launches when answering the incoming call. At this point, volume is muted (or zero), regardless of what is shown on the Internet Call volume bar. There are no outgoing ring tones to listen to, and if the person called answers, you can't hear them. However, adjusting the volume bar at any time Internet Call is open fixes the problem. Unfortunately, this has to be done every time. In short, when placing a call with DialCentral the Internet Call app initializes with volume = 0 (even though it shows volume = something), which means you can't hear the person you called until adjusting the Internet Call volume slider.

Hoping some folks here can provide a work-around. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by ee_gary View Post
Hi all,

Set up DialCentral with GV and sipgate on an N800 with OS2008. Works great except for an annoying 'Internet Call' volume bug.

When placing an outgoing call using DialCentral, GV generates an incoming call. Internet Call launches when answering the incoming call. At this point, volume is muted (or zero), regardless of what is shown on the Internet Call volume bar. There are no outgoing ring tones to listen to, and if the person called answers, you can't hear them. However, adjusting the volume bar at any time Internet Call is open fixes the problem. Unfortunately, this has to be done every time. In short, when placing a call with DialCentral the Internet Call app initializes with volume = 0 (even though it shows volume = something), which means you can't hear the person you called until adjusting the Internet Call volume slider.

Hoping some folks here can provide a work-around. Thanks in advance!
I have a feeling this is a known issue with Maemo 4.1 and I doubt it has any relation to using Dialcentral. I do not think Ivd heard of a workaround but there are people on this thread that still use a n8x0 on a regular basis (only for testing releases for me)

Hmmm, nobody else has any comments on this volume quirk? Would love to find a work-around or patch that doesn't involve fiddling with the volume bar every time I use DialCentral.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Philadelphia
Is there a way to add contacts to Google Voice through this app? I can't seem to find a way other than adding it to my system and using mail for exchange to sync.

Originally Posted by feuxfollets View Post
Is there a way to add contacts to Google Voice through this app? I can't seem to find a way other than adding it to my system and using mail for exchange to sync.
Dialcentral is aimed to be a "do one thing and do it well" application so it is targetted just at making calls. MfE is probably a lot better of of handling them.

Something that is supported is CSV contact lists. If you put them in a special location they can be offered as alternatives to the GV contact list.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
This reply is mostly for epage. I installed your google voice plugin from extras-devel 0.8.19-0 on my N800 and it does not have the same 'Internet Call' volume bug as DialCentral. Just thought I would pass this along.

So far, the google voice plugin seems to work good, and it's nice to use the 'Internet Call' rather than another app. In your opinion, is 0.8.19-0 safe, or should I wait until it is promoted to extras-testing or extras?