Active Topics

I suppose you could try and contact Dirk at "info at funkyotherhalf.com" for support.

Change the "at" to an @.

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by DeadHorseRiding View Post
Congratulations!
Awesome fresh article from Keywan Tonekaboni about "making of" today in german (print) c't-magazine, short version here.
Report is in german only.
I bought and downloaded the article yesterday evening... Have to say my respect for Dirk, Andrew and Kimmo grew (again!) with each line I read. I wasn't aware of most of the challenges they faced. It makes the whole project even more awesome in the end.

Also, the article stresses how this crowdfunding campaign differs from other in that it had more realistic calculations and better planning. Nice reading. (Or, as other would say: funky!)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
Anyone tried wiping the contacts (both between the keyboard and the other half, and between the other half and the mobile device) with a clean lint-free alcohol-soaked cloth?
So I had another good rub of the pcb contacts that connect to the Jolla, and it's fixed. Thanks very much for the hint!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Any way to get those little magnets/round metal pieces that sit on each corner of the OH?

Dropped my phone in supermarket yesterday and one of those round things had flown off. Didnt notice until I was home.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Speaking of software, can you confirm Kimmoli that the keyboard returning to QWERTY (or Scandic, not sure) layout after some time is a known bug? Every time my Jolla is sleeping for, let's say, a few hours, my keyboard is back to QWERTsomething layout, instead of AZERTY. I have to set it back to AZERTY again in the tohkbd application. Of note, AZERTY is still displayed in the application as the active layout, but it is not, and re-enabling it solves the issue.

I've had this issue since the first day, but thought it was already a known bug and a fix was coming, but now I'm starting to doubt it is so well known. It can be really annoying to go through the application everytime I want to use my keyboard for just a quick SMS answer or Internet browsing. Enough to make me use the touch keyboard sometimes, or the tohkbd in the wrong layout.
Am I the only one with this issue?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Any way to get those little magnets/round metal pieces that sit on each corner of the OH?

Dropped my phone in supermarket yesterday and one of those round things had flown off. Didnt notice until I was home.

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=1

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Am I the only one with this issue?
No, you are not the only one, I have the same issue.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
For me the qwertz layout doesn't work correctly. Z and y are on the right position. But I can't type Umlaute like ü,ö,ä...

And I have the same problem as seiichiro0185 and Kabouik.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
QWERTZ seems to work better with the (not officially released yet) SFOS 1.1.9.28 (aka SFOS 2.0). At least I can type Umlauts now when the Layout is set to german in the normal Jolla settings.

On the downside it seems that a lot of other keys change to the "standard" layout, as it would be on a normal PC keyboard. For example the "-"-Key right of the number keys now writes a "ß" (which would be at that position on a normal keyboard). Same goes for some other keys, and also the fn-symbols (blue) don't match the characters produced anymore in many cases...

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I bought and downloaded the article yesterday evening... Have to say my respect for Dirk, Andrew and Kimmo grew (again!) with each line I read. I wasn't aware of most of the challenges they faced. It makes the whole project even more awesome in the end.

Also, the article stresses how this crowdfunding campaign differs from other in that it had more realistic calculations and better planning. Nice reading. (Or, as other would say: funky!)
hi.
can you upload the full article somewhere or send it to me?
explit at gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd