Originally Posted by kyle View Post
Thanks for that info.

The big one is apparently some kind of kernel bug involving OMAP power management triggering watchdog timeouts. Do you know if this has been fixed?
There are reboot fixes in PR 1.1. At least the most common ones have been fixed as far as I know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
am I the only one who can't install the update? my device just says that plug it to computer and use fw update utility @ pc to update.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
am I the only one who can't install the update? my device just says that plug it to computer and use fw update utility @ pc to update.
I'm experiencing the same problem as you... Damn lol

The Following User Says Thank You to lowang35 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
the ver 51 firmware is in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

NOW
i still see old firmware only?
refreshed and no difference, note before the page load shows old firmware and page itself shows 42-11 versions

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Originally Posted by ssjtoma View Post
can't believe bandwidth would be an issue for a big company like Nokia. if other linux distros can do it why not maemo O.o
which linux distro? i have been using ubuntu the most popular linux distro for close to 3 years and users still experience hiccups in the first week of a release.. due to massive hit on servers caused by share numbers of users updating and downloading at the same time of.. it is normal for servers to take hits and users to experience slow updates during major sw release.. the walk around is patience

My Blog

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany, Bavaria
Can i download this update via apt-get?

I am at work (where they are using a proxy with authentication) - can't wait

Thanks for your help!

just finished flashing my device from the image.. couldn't wait for update =) interestingly i saw my old desktop background and my icons there but then they disappeared. is there some kind of cache that was just getting updated?

restoring from backup: got a message saying device contains a file of same name, rename the file from the backup to prevent loss of data? doesn't say what file though O.o

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
For those willing to go flashing instead of update over the air: Global, USA and MENA images are available.

Check http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware for instruction to flash your device.
When will we see the images in NSU?

PR1.1 is now in. I used OTA and after the upgrade I had to add a few widgets back to the desktop but no other problems at all. I haven't had really time to play around but noticed few things:
  • xterm has a new icon
  • there are visible changes in the Ovi maps GUI
  • Duplicate folders (Videos, Images etc.) in file manager went away

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Me too.

I have a mac, so the question is what software I have to start after I connect the device to the computer. Not helpful at all.

Also, I find it odd that I have a update for tutorial-home-applet 0.6.16-0m5.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update