Active Topics

@panjgoori: write more details from HAM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@panjgoori: write more details from HAM
nothing more displayed in HAM, this may be usefull to you that previously i had backupmenu with bootmenu installed. i removed them and tried to install back u-boot via HAM but giving problem. Its not showing anything else. is there any way i can provide you log ?

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by panjgoori
nothing more displayed in HAM, this may be usefull to you that previously i had backupmenu with bootmenu installed. i removed them and tried to install back u-boot via HAM but giving problem. Its not showing anything else. is there any way i can provide you log ?
Hi I had the same problem before some weeks,so what i did:
sudo gainroot
dpkg -l | grep ^rc
dpkg -l | grep ^rc | cut -d " " -f 3 | xargs dpkg --purge
removing kp52:
apt-get remove -y kernel-power kernel-power-modules
dpkg -l | grep ^rc
dpkg -l | grep ^rc | cut -d " " -f 3 | xargs dpkg --purge
apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get autoremove
don't touch the icon from menu
restart n900,if you don't boot the system flash only kernel:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
Add the sdk repositores of fremantle in /etc/apt/sources.list with opensshserver:
deb http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/sdk free non-free
deb-src http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/sdk free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/tools free non-free
deb-src http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/tools free
Install u-boot from pali;
apt-get install -y u-boot-tools u-boot-flasher
restart n900
apt-get install kernel-power-settings
restart n900
sudo gainroot
u-boot-update-bootmenu
restart with open ukeyboard
choose kp52
If you want to installing backupmenu:
apt-get install backupmenu
restart n900,with close ukeyboard,when shows the titles of u-boot,open ukeyboard and you see how loading bootmenu,choose maemo with..
then advice from Pali:
root
ln -s /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power52.item /etc/default/bootmenu.item
after that the backmenu shoud properly load kp52
I think this is all,if somebody have other advice please share it
edit:Opps sorry man,that way is not for you because you have cssu-thumb and if you remove kp52 then you have to complete flashing your n900,again sorry man i did't notice than you are with cssu-thumb

Last edited by disappear; 2013-06-19 at 14:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
@disapppear: thanks for the answer. i dont want to flash my device. waiting for Pali's reply. if no help then i have no choice but to follow your guide.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
any solution for me ? if no then im forced to proceed with disappear's post and reflash my device.

@panjgoori: check if you have enabled extras-devel repository and try also updating catalogues. if it does not help, try to install uboot via apt-get (package u-boot-flasher)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@panjgoori: check if you have enabled extras-devel repository and try also updating catalogues. if it does not help, try to install uboot via apt-get (package u-boot-flasher)
strange. i tried to install U-Boot via termianl apt-get install u-boot-flasher and it installed without any problem. and is now showing without any problem. one more than does it needs any extra step to install backupmenu along with multiboot ? or i should simply install backupmenu.

edit: installed backupmenu. it also installed bootmenu along with it. when i select kernel power 52 in U-Boot list and after flashing kernel it shows bootmenu screen. is its normal ? beside this device boots without any problem.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2013-06-21 at 17:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
I also parted MyDocs(resized) and added mmcblk0p4 partition of 2GB, and u-boot offers to boot from Internal Flash, eMMC, SD, etc. What u do to fix that ? And when i type:
Code:
fatls mmc 1
i get this
Code:
./
../
nameshistory.syg
voices/
sounds/
skin/
itinerary/
icons/
eula/

1 files, 8 dirs
Before partitioning all worked fine
Run as root: fsck.vfat -a /dev/your_fat_part
It will check and repair fat partition. Also problem can be in u-boot...
hi, I have the same issue, more than 3 default partitions in eMMC and when reboot I only see the u-boot's default menu, so delete the new partitions mmcblk0p4 (extended), mmcblk0p5 ext3 and mmcblk0p6 ext3, and mmblk0p1 (vfat partition in eMMC) was with 21GB and no alocate space of 7GB, but u-boot's boot menu only show default menu (Internal Flash, eMMC, SD).

Then resize the mmcblk0p1 to default size and everything works good :S (note: I was used a edited vanilla bin so mmcblk0p2 have a size of 5 GB)

what changes u-boot needs to get new internal partitions and a u-boot menu working? it's a bug? also I checked with fsck.vfat the mmblk0p1 and tried reinstall u-boot-tools and u-boot-flasher but without results.

how you fix that Nobless? any idea pali?

best regards.

Last edited by NeXt; 2013-06-23 at 01:36.

@NeXt: Try to reformat FAT partition under linux with mkfs.vfat or mkfs.msdos. U-Boot does not have full linux vfat FS driver, so does not support everything supported by linux vfat driver. Other option could be switch to some ext FS.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
Hi Pali, is there any way to boot a console only (aka recovery mode) kernel from SD card?

I did a mistake while doing some tinkering with my N900 and got into reboot loop, i don't wan to reflash, i just need to boot and mount rootfs so i could restore some files?

Greets.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejcrashed For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot