Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Any updates on Texrat's Brainstorm system rework?

I can only see and follow the stagnation since several months.

What about all the Bugs and Ideas that were moved from bugs.maemo.org to Brainstorm?
Should we try to move them back or was this only a "mv /dev/null" ?

Hmm... okay. Not a single reply, nobody is interested?

There is now a Bug report about this issue:
RESOLVED / MOVED Bug Reports are stucking in the Brainstorm system

Please feel free to vote and comment if you have something useful to get this fixed. Normal discussions please only here.

It is a small first try. We can't fix everything at once. But I guess this Bug report is about one of the most important parts.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2010-06-15 at 14:59. Reason: vote in bold

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dalat
Ek! In Brainstorm - Open Discussion, I can comment whatever I like, right?

-- Then this comment to all people who always has free time to mocking around, and spam non-sense in other's thread!

+ May I ask you guys! Do you feel heavy when you post a thread, telling all of your idea to create an App, and what you get is some comment try to bring you down like "This post is stupid - This post is crazy - This is non-sense - This is pointless...etc..."

+ Althought your idea is good, and it can be made for the N900. But it is not as useful as other idea. Then people try to bring your thread down the hole. What do you feel?

+ For me, I'm a newbie to join this maemo talk forum, hoping all of you guys are good person who can approve people's idea and show respect to it. But what I really got is:
@ "this post is crazy..."

@ "What does that + do in every sentence ? some obscure Christianity or unknown dialect of l33t speak ?"

@ quit asking for iphone apps for n900.

its not going to happen.

go buy an iphone.

:P

@ dont they have that for the iphone?

Yup! Adding more words for a post....

@ Seems that May Maple simply wants an iPhone?!?

@These posts are crazy!

+++ What's wrong IF I bring iPhone App's idea to the N900's App?
++ I'm not asking you people to port the iPhone App to N900!
+ And I'm not asking people to come to my post and spam non-sense thing!

=> I feel like this BRAINSTORM BOX is just a TALKING SHOP! And everytime some-one post a thread, their brain will be stormed by jerks' foot.

- No-one respects each-other's ideas.
- They just come, read the topic, and spam a non-sense comment, then go.
- They don't care how the one who gives the idea gonna feel.
- And stop asking why did I put "+" every sentence. That's my style!

+ I just try to bring new idea to developers. If you are not a developer, then dissappear! Don't come to my thread and post non-sense in it!

+++ THIS BRAINSTORM IS AN IDEAS BOX! NOT A PLACE FOR YOU GUYS MOCKING PEOPLE! +++

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to May Maple For This Useful Post:
I guess you're talking about this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60570

And I must say, it's a shame! There are tooo many (in my opinion) stupid folks here around abusing this forum as a chatroom!

This is why I'm asking so often for a "no thanks" Button to make it possible to filter such crappy posts.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
- And stop asking why did I put "+" every sentence. That's my style!
Although I agree with you you should be able to express your wishes, I do admit I find your postings hard to read.

But for me, as an almost absolute non-drinker, I would find some use in your beer app request, as people keep mocking me for not wanting to drink alcohol most of the time!

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
I have a request. Make an app where you can record your reminder and like "ey boy wake up" and set a time and date that it wud ring and well when ur sleeping u wud hear " ey boy wake up" and hopefully wake up

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
I have a request. Make an app where you can record your reminder and like "ey boy wake up" and set a time and date that it wud ring and well when ur sleeping u wud hear " ey boy wake up" and hopefully wake up
You can do that already in the Clock app, by setting an alarm. Or if you want a specific date and time rather than just a time, use the Calendar app. Click on the menu to set the alarm tone to a custom mp3. (Unfortunately in both cases you can only set a tone for all Clock alarms, or all Calendar alarms, that is, you cannot have a tone for one specific alarm or calendar entry different from the others.)

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
i was wondering if a SMS bomb app exists for the N900? yeah i know its a prank app but it would be handy for those people who love to flood you with worthless sms.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Hey riceboy,

welcome to maemo.

Please do not hijack this thread just because others did before you.

Open your own thread in regards to your topic following Brainstorm rules.

Would you pay for that kind of application?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
Hi, sorry about that. its my fault cause I only read the title. carry on then. not really demanding an application. but just throwing around an idea and if such an app exists. anyway thanks.

Tags
brainstorm, bug, community|nokia, dependencies, discussion, improvement, process, sop, workflow