Active Topics

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I had to reflash my phone (other issues) and the 2G / 3G icon was still there after the process. I had to install this app again and removed it in order to get rid of it.

By the way, if you go to settings -> mobile network -> network mode you can choose between GSM, 3G or Dual. I can't remember if this setting was present in PR1.1, but in PR1.2 it s here

Originally Posted by jberezhnoy View Post
By the way, if you go to settings -> mobile network -> network mode you can choose between GSM, 3G or Dual. I can't remember if this setting was present in PR1.1, but in PR1.2 it s here
yup, but this app make life simple.. that why..

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I had to reflash my phone (other issues) and the 2G / 3G icon was still there after the process. I had to install this app again and removed it in order to get rid of it.
Hi,

I had the same problem after removing the program, but with the infamous green icon.

What I did was to delete 2g3g_harmattan.desktop file in /home/user/.local/share/applications/

Thanks

p.s. I reinstalled the program :-)

Last edited by flake; 2012-03-05 at 08:49. Reason: wrong file path

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Great app, thanks.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Italy
Sorry for the issues.. to remove the green or double icon just delete the file /home/user/.local/share/applications/2g3g_app_harmattan.desktop, as flake said.

I made a new version that should fix the problem. I've also added a control panel in Settings > Application > 2G3G, so there's no need to use gconf anymore.

Installer: 2g3g_0.2.0_armel.deb

The first version (0.0.1) is also available on Ovi http://store.ovi.com/content/258639, I'll submit soon the new one

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Great app, thanks!

Looking forward for the new version in Ovi Store.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

Great app. Thank you very much!

Would it be possible to clone this app for switching between different data roaming settings?

In Settings -> mobile Network the settings:

Data Roamig: Always ask/always allow/ don't allow
and
Allow Background connections when roaming: yes/no

are essential for people that cross borders frequently. It would be very nice if a simple switch existed that let you switch between two sets of settings for these to prevent unwanted data connections (i.e. you want internet but you want control over it). Right now the only option is to switch internet-connections off entirely which is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for considering.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Great app. Thank you very much!

Would it be possible to clone this app for switching between different data roaming settings?

In Settings -> mobile Network the settings:

Data Roamig: Always ask/always allow/ don't allow
and
Allow Background connections when roaming: yes/no

are essential for people that cross borders frequently. It would be very nice if a simple switch existed that let you switch between two sets of settings for these to prevent unwanted data connections (i.e. you want internet but you want control over it). Right now the only option is to switch internet-connections off entirely which is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for considering.
Now that you mention it, I support this too.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
there's no app, like switcher app... btw is there an "internet connection" switcher app? homescreen icon switcher for settings->internet connection->internet connecton ON/OFF... when I'm at home I disconnect N9 from the net, as my pc goes online, and when going out, turning N9 back online... it'd really be nice to be able to do it one-tap... ?

[tw] @kegnatz