Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
As the title says, is there any way to disable the auto-capital the letter on the N950 hardware keyboard?

If yes, how?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
There is no global setting, its application specific setting that developer defines.

Google: " Qt::InputMethodHints Qt::ImhNoAutoUppercase " if your developing your own application and wan't to disable it.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
There is no global setting, its application specific setting that developer defines.

Google :" Qt::InputMethodHints Qt::ImhNoAutoUppercase " if your developing your own application and wan't to disable it.
The apps like the SMS and Chat functions has auto capitals when using the hardware keyboard. But when using the vkeyboard, it doesn't (you can disable this)

That's why I wanted to force disable the autocapital when using hardware keyboard...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
But when using the vkeyboard, it doesn't (you can disable this)
where is this option set?

Originally Posted by charbar View Post
where is this option set?
Settings > Time and language > Textinput > Settings > Aut. Capital letter

Seems like this is only for Swype....

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
[hardcore mode]take Qt sources, modify it to always use "Qt::ImhNoAutoUppercase", no matter what software demands, comple and replace libs on device [/hardcore mode]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:

Tags
autocapital, disable, hardware, keyboard