Active Topics

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Yes.
Like rcolistete states dirkvl send an email 12-12-2014 with the TOHKBD discount code. It was valid until the 24th of december. The price at that time was €349,-

To permanently lower the price two days later to €249,- makes the discount code "system" (like HtheB so eloquently puts it ) bullsht.
you people sometimes find strange things to be mad/disappointed/sad about. i dont see how 100E discounts or 100E pricelowerings can be anything but positive. it may be weird how they did it and communicated it, but the result is the same low price.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
To permanently lower the price two days later to €249,- makes the discount code "system" (like HtheB so eloquently puts it ) bullsht.
Well, you could look at it from another point of view: Jolla already planned to lower the price after xmas (totally standard behaviour) and wanted to ensure that people buying the phone earlier because of Dirk's kickstarter won't get disappointed by this.

Honestly, if they give a 100€ discount for buying a third-party-product, it's quite clear a price cut is near. Same for giving out the discount codes to jolla owners before. I guess with their help most people here on TMO would have been able to buy the device for 249€ anyway, with or without keyboard OH.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oblomow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
To me its funny to hand out discount codes without discount

Everyone. Post in this thread and you get 100 EUR discount on jPhone

Dave999 gives you the discount right here: ( Instead of 349 you Will get for only 249.)

https://shop.jolla.com/eu_en/?___from_store=eu_en

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-28 at 17:46.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I just noticed that I never got any discount code from my TOHKBD2 purchase. Not needed really either, since I already have a Jolla device but strange if you all others have received it...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I just noticed that I never got any discount code from my TOHKBD2 purchase. Not needed really either, since I already have a Jolla device but strange if you all others have received it...
It was sent via a project update to everyone titled 'Jolla discount coupon'. Seems like for some people the updates go straight to the spam folder

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
It was sent via a project update to everyone titled 'Jolla discount coupon'. Seems like for some people the updates go straight to the spam folder
Yes, I noticed that, also Kickstarter shows a banner for me saying "we could not contact your email address, could you change/verify it" or something like that.

I asked about if from my sysop and it turned out that Kickstarter is using a known spammer-friendly mailforwarder that has been blacklisted by our systems.
Shame really, I wonder why they selected that one? Could be it is a cheap alternative...

So, for that reason I cannot get anything from Kickstarter. Too bad

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
you people sometimes find strange things to be mad/disappointed/sad about. i dont see how 100E discounts or 100E pricelowerings can be anything but positive. it may be weird how they did it and communicated it, but the result is the same low price.
I'm neither mad, dissappointed nor sad about it. It's just like you said, a weird way to do things. Unlike maybe

Originally Posted by Oblomow View Post
Well, you could look at it from another point of view: Jolla already planned to lower the price after xmas (totally standard behaviour) and wanted to ensure that people buying the phone earlier because of Dirk's kickstarter won't get disappointed by this.
Indeed a very good reason. Maybe the only right one to valid such an incentive.

Originally Posted by Oblomow View Post
Honestly, if they give a 100€ discount for buying a third-party-product, it's quite clear a price cut is near. Same for giving out the discount codes to jolla owners before. I guess with their help most people here on TMO would have been able to buy the device for 249€ anyway, with or without keyboard OH.
Of course it was clear that a price drop was imminent. It was so since October. I am one of the people that used a discount code to purchase a Jolla so I didn't need the TOHKBD discount code anyway. But it is still a weird way of doing things.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And I do know at least one person, which got so upset by these strange discount actions and the following discussions/behaviour of their (Nokia style) customer care, that he sent it back to Jolla.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And I do know at least one person, which got so upset by these strange discount actions and the following discussions/behaviour of their (Nokia style) customer care, that he sent it back to Jolla.
So millions of iPhone users should also sent their smartphones back because the price falls after 6-12 months. What a problem...

So, people here complained because Jolla smartphone price was EUR350-400. Now people complain that Jolla smartphone costs only EUR249.

My opinion is that Jolla smartphone at EUR249 means :
1) Jolla wants to sell more smartphones at reduced price to cover the gap until Jolla 2 smartphone is selling;
2) a new Jolla 2 smartphone is due to be announced in the following months (MWC 2015 ?);
3) Jolla 2 smartphone to be released depending on the new display resolution for Sailfish OS (2.0 ?) being ready (in mid 2015 ?).Jolla cited in 06/11/2014 :
Apart from finalizing update10, we will start the following activities:
- start the work on platform UI scalability, beginning with making
icons resolution independent and improving layout scaling.
So the work on Sailfish OS 2.0 for Jolla tablet will be useful to Jolla 2 smartphone.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
So millions of iPhone users should also sent their smartphones back because the price falls after 6-12 months. What a problem...

So, people here complained because Jolla smartphone price was EUR350-400. Now people complain that Jolla smartphone costs only EUR249.

My opinion is that Jolla smartphone at EUR249 means :
1) Jolla wants to sell more smartphones at reduced price to cover the gap until Jolla 2 smartphone is selling;
2) a new Jolla 2 smartphone is due to be announced in the following months (MWC 2015 ?);
3) Jolla 2 smartphone to be released depending on the new display resolution for Sailfish OS (2.0 ?) being ready (in mid 2015 ?).Jolla cited in 06/11/2014 :
So the work on Sailfish OS 2.0 for Jolla tablet will be useful to Jolla 2 smartphone.
What we complain about, is the "Discount code" thing.
They act like "Hey you are getting a discount because YOU are special!!" and the very next day "We lowered the price to everyone, screw you discount codes!"

So there is no thing as discount codes
The only day that the discount code were useful was when they made an error. You could then buy the Jolla for €150, now THAT is why discount codes are for

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: