Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Here is another desktop widget for Fremantle to enjoy - Personal IP Address

This applet displays your current IP on your desktop. Pretty simple. It updates every time your connection changes.

Thanks to zerojay and qwerty12 for testing. qwerty12 also tipped me off to connection watching with the ConIC library.

I would provide a screenshot, but this applet will not run in scratchbox. ConIC does not work there, which makes it pretty tricky for me to develop

Edit Version 0.3-1: displays the interface you are connected to. Attempts to connect or restore connection on click. Changed layout.

Edit Version 0.3-4: fixes an issue where the proper IP was not displayed when connected to cellular network. Thanks to Marius (mgedmin) for the patches!

Edit Version 0.3-5: Hopefully the last version before it hits extras. Added an option in the settings dialog to "Use Compact Layout". User can now switch between compact layout and non-compact layout.

Edit Version 0.3-6 is now in extras! Thanks to all the testers. The product page is http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...al-ip-address/

Edit Version 0.4-1 is in extras-devel. New features include disconnect on click and display network name.
Attached Images

Last edited by fiferboy; 2010-05-20 at 00:06. Reason: new version

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Name:  screenshot15.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  15.5 KB

Here's the screenshot. We're looking to replace the icon when Joshua Maverick has the time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hmm, looking at the screenshot it looks like the alignment has come off. I will try to fix this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Version 0.2-2 is building. It fixes the alignment issue that was caused by a mis-sized icon. Hopefully zerojay will update his screenshot when the build is finished.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
What a great idea!

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Cool! Is it possible to list all IPs of the device incase your on both 3G and WLAN for example?

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Cool! Is it possible to list all IPs of the device incase your on both 3G and WLAN for example?
You can't have an internet connection open to both at the same time anyways. It intelligently knows if you are on Wifi or cellular and displays the proper IP address. Showing both just means that you'll always have one saying 0.0.0.0, so...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Oh okey... My bad then.

Edit: I just assumed this to work like in S60 where you could.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2009-10-03 at 08:02.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
You could have more than one IP-Addresses:
Either when you run a VPN or if you use bluetooth networking
for thering or if you have IPv4 and IPv6. Or all at the same time :-)
It would be very nice if it could show all activ IPs.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Can it be made smaller? The icon and the title taking almost half of the widget seems like unnecessary waste of space...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop, fremantle, ip address, widget