Active Topics

Poll: would you like to have infrared port in your device
Poll Options
would you like to have infrared port in your device

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
yeah, we need a petition for everything!
can someone please start a petition for better weather in Central Europe?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I know you guys are serious.. but seriously?
No one knows yet what it will be for connection apart of Jolla internals... so how about you find yourself a hardware company to manufacture an IRDA 'other half' for you. Or solder it yourself! I guess it will be USB so anybody able to do ISA cards can put an 'other half' together with whatever you like... even a hardware development board with an fpga could come to play... please think before you start threads like this!

For those who like to turn down maemo.org's move towards Jolla (the phone) and like to stay with maemo only might consider (that we are a community around NITs that was abandoned) to cross out the 'N' please.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
If anybody puts up a petition to jolla for anything, I'll put up a petition to ban that user from *.maemo.org.
Honestly, you nuts or what?
And for the HWKB, I'll bet my *** on they'll show one on device presentation day. They're neither beginner or nuts...

Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-06-01 at 01:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Well at least in Japan IRDA seems to be available even for contemporary smartphones, even though my brief Google search revealed that even there it appears to be slowly disappearing.

Quite a shame, worked quite nicely in the old PalmOS days and even today it has many interesting applications for remote control of various devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Here's some more food for thought.
The specs that have been released so far (what has been shown on their website) are the only confirmed specs.
Does this not indicate enough, that they are still locking in all of the other hardware?
Marc and Stefano have verbally confirmed their ability to rapidly deploy their OS to other hardware (24hr adaptation was referenced inone interview) and with Key hardware components taken care of, I doubt that leaving "peripheral" choices to much later will be an issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
I know you guys are serious.. but seriously?
No one knows yet what it will be for connection apart of Jolla internals... so how about you find yourself a hardware company to manufacture an IRDA 'other half' for you. Or solder it yourself! I guess it will be USB so anybody able to do ISA cards can put an 'other half' together with whatever you like... even a hardware development board with an fpga could come to play... please think before you start threads like this!

For those who like to turn down maemo.org's move towards Jolla (the phone) and like to stay with maemo only might consider (that we are a community around NITs that was abandoned) to cross out the 'N' please.
How about chemist You tone down and wait for final Jolla announcement, let us hotheads have hot threads, discussions, imaginations run wild. If you don't like it, please report to jolla twitter, I am sure they will agree with you that we should cease and desist from any and all mentions of the brand. Until they reveal final NFC connection with no HWKB/extra battery/storage/IR possibility. Now is the time to dream guys, even if chemist frowns.

Ok. You win, no such option through Other Half (or useless to discuss it since we know nothing, lets discuss something we do know). So how about plugging a diode into the audio jack, or USB? Nokiabot: you mentioned you need IR to control your house. We have two outputs at the top of the phone: USB and audio jack. Is there any chance a diode plugged into one of these would be able to transmit at the frequencies your garage door control or lighting sensor is expecting a transmission? Please say yes, as then we're back to discussing Other Half (having a USB/jack connector to insert diode doing the IR interaction would be straightforward, no? sorry chemist) and we can skip the negative POV: don't discuss, wait for Jolla to explain everything, did they keep anything from you so far?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm looking for a tizen sub-forum. After all, tizen is a cousin to meego. Why no tizen sub?

Infra red is cool. But not required for me.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
At least there are people who feel the same with the jolla flood on maemo

sure its kicking the forum alive but also driving nuts on existing intentions

why not an option to filter topics in diff category in active topics??

What about uprooting the jolla part for a talk.jolla.org?? Where existing logins work.

Fresh thing is always welcome

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
If anybody puts up a petition to jolla for anything, I'll put up a petition to ban that user from *.maemo.org.
Honestly, you nuts or what?
And for the HWKB, I'll bet my *** on they'll show one on device presentation day. They're neither beginner or nuts...
you are hyper crazy
can you mention please why jola subforums are then ??

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
At least there are people who feel the same with the jolla flood on maemo
I'm afraid most people are against jolla flood on tmo (but hey, some were against CSSU flood, or meego flood when N9 was all the rage, maemo prevailed in all instances, try harder flooders!)
sure its kicking the forum alive but also driving nuts on existing intentions

why not an option to filter topics in diff category in active topics??

What about uprooting the jolla part for a talk.jolla.org?? Where existing logins work.

Fresh thing is always welcome
Not sure if I capture all that was intended, talk.jolla.org will happen only when jolla wants it, doesn't seem like it at the moment. Filtering would be nice (and would let harmattaners keep to their meego/n9 subforums... oh wait, they flood fremantle ones, oh snap!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:

Tags
+fm transceiver, +ir transceiver, child, dummy, ohnoesnotagain