Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
I am getting red dot issue with 15092012-1835 version. In the terminal I see this error message:

EDIT: @cepi I sent you a private message with more text.

Its weird... todays version solved the red dot issue!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
I cant change my picture or send pics. Plus i cant see all my contacts and their pics. Can anyone help plz

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Cepi, just add a toggle like:
"Make new incoming attachments visible on the gallery*"

So the files that you recieved (after you've enabled it) will be on ~/MyDocs, and otherwise on /home/user/.wazapp

Problem solved, both parties happy!

Edit: Can you also please consider a volume bar to change the loudness of the message tones and the notification sounds for wazapp?

Edit2:
So I have a better solution:

What if we just move it totally to ~/MyDocs to keep the /home partition clean.

Save the files within ~/MyDocs/.wazapp
but if you enable the toggle (the one I mentioned beforfe), Wazapp will rename the folder to /MyDocs/wazapp. This way, all the files that youve received will be visible on the gallery.

So you can easy show/hide the files within the gallery AND it wont fill the /home partition too!

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-09-19 at 04:59.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
It's a tarek thing
I want media in /home/user/MyDocs
Tarek want media in /home/user/.wazapp
+1 for Tarek way

Btw, you guys should probably clear the air between yourselves and not in public, otherwise you'd be getting requests for toggles to have this style icon or that style icon or message counter inside the box or outside the box, to have new message noise in silent mode or not and etc

But it's up to you, someone mentioned a freeze of features earlier, I think there's value in that if we want stability. Get things to work in one version then move on with the next version.

While everyone appreciates the attention Cepi has given us, I do fear a bit that we'll never achieve stable releases if new features keep being added without first focusing on have stable releases.

Anyways, what do I know, I'm not behind the scenes and you guys probably have everything all sorted.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
So the latest version atm is the 18-09-2012-1305 right ? and it has the sound issues ? well i guess then i wait swith updating ^^ my old (13092012) version works fine atm anyways ^^

Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
I have to agree with the notification number circle, it looks fine inside the square. For the contacts icon, Cepi may have decided to use another one because he will use the default Harmattan for profile changes in "settings".
Yes, that's probably why Cepi chose to not use it as the contacts icon.

Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
It seems you know about design.. how about suggesting a clean simple icon for contacts?
My main expertise is design and usability. I could probably find time to make a new clean icon for contacts, but I would rather make a new profile icon and use the default one for contacts.

I'll wait and see how things turn out. It seems like we're close to a stable release pretty soon

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I prefer Tarek way. Maybe can have option to copy the media to MyDocs.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2012-09-19 at 16:43.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I prefer tha Tarek way. Maybe can have option to copy the media to MyDocs.
I think this is better too. when received that you get an option "save to" or something like that

The Following User Says Thank You to adio_89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Test Test Test for the big 0.9 release

Edit: Got 200 testers, link removed

Changelog: http://wazapp.im/changelog

People facing "fail-too-many" at registration, please test and post results

PS: If you get "Format is wrong" on download, just hit Ok and save the file anyway

Last edited by tgalal; 2012-09-19 at 09:07.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Oh and media now goes inside MyDocs, again

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp