hope you can help me

i tried almost every tutorial in the forum the in the web, but still nothing

when i try to configure with "Mail for Exchange"
i type my data, the mail,username,password
and when i click on next it just show it work,
i wait for an hour

thanks for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to elyoni For This Useful Post:
google doesn't provide exchange support since last spring cleaning...

you can use caldav . check the syncevolution thread, but expect it to be dropped soon too.

there is also an app that uses the google api. can't remember its name.

Last edited by xvan; 2013-04-18 at 16:54. Reason: where it said syncml should've said syncevolution.

The Following User Says Thank You to xvan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by xvan View Post
google doesn't provide exchange support since last spring cleaning...

you can use caldav . check the syncml thread, but expect it to be dropped soon too.

there is also an app that uses the google api. can't remember its name.
In Extras-Devel: Erminig-NG (α-version), a tool that allows you to perform two-way synchronization between Fremantle Calendar and Google Calendar.

It's merely the first entry from the long article on Sync. I advise you to read this article, keeping in mind that Mail for Exchange is likely no longer supported by Google Calendar.

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
In Extras-Devel: Erminig-NG (α-version), a tool that allows you to perform two-way synchronization between Fremantle Calendar and Google Calendar.

It's merely the first entry from the long article on Sync. I advise you to read this article, keeping in mind that Mail for Exchange is likely no longer supported by Google Calendar.

Best wishes.
Erminig-NG works more-or-less OK. I used it for some time but then I stopped.. using Google Calendar.. so I don't need to synchronize anymore (the N900 fits my calendaring needs just fine

The main problems with Erminig were:
1. alarm synchornization. I didn't want my local event alarms to propagate to google (I don't see how google calendar could possibly alarm me if I don't happen to be looking at the calendar screen anyway .

This was easily patched out of Erminig (read the tread linked above by Wikiwide for details).

OK, the thread is long:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=602

2. The eternal "what does <whole day event> mean?". It's incredible how SyncML, Google API, Exchange, CalDAV, and who knows what other related so-called "technologies" running on various operating systems (OK, I only have experience with Symbian and Maemo, but they all svck) cannot properly support such an intuitive (for humans) simplicity as a WHOLE DAY EVENT.

If I create a whole day event on my N900 it may or may not appear as a whole day event in google calendar. The same the other way around. The only solution I found was to avoid such events (and just choose sensible starting/ending times), or (like I do now), use the N900 only. At least I don't expect a single non-synchronized device to corrupt its own events (but who knows, modern technology is full of surprises).

Sorry for the rant. Erminig-NG is the short answer to your question!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
What about contacts? any working solution? Any simple app that can be used as a base to develop a google api contact sync? I could't even manage to understand syncml.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by xvan View Post
What about contacts? any working solution? Any simple app that can be used as a base to develop a google api contact sync? I could't even manage to understand syncml.
Short (mostly screenshots) description of Google Contacts Sync, all you have to do is to enter your username and password.
Install "syncevolution-frontend" from Extras-Testing (or Extras-Devel) repository? It should be in "Office" category.
Considering Google's Winter Cleaning, we all (Google users) should be moving from SyncML to CalDAV+CardDAV. No need for immediate panic, though; it seems that SyncML is disabled only for new Google accounts.
There is syncevolution with CardDAV+CalDAV support.
Best wishes.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2013-04-19 at 14:11. Reason: bracket mismatch

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Short (mostly screenshots) description of Google Contacts Sync, all you have to do is to enter your username and password.
Install "syncevolution-frontend" from Extras-Testing (or Extras-Devel) repository? It should be in "Office" category.
Considering Google's Winter Cleaning, we all (Google users) should be moving from SyncML to CalDAV+CardDAV. No need for immediate panic, though; it seems that SyncML is disabled only for new Google accounts.
There is syncevolution with CardDAV+CalDAV support.
Best wishes.
Last time I checked it was a pain to configure google carddav with n900 syncevolution carddav. A mont after I finally did it, it started failing. 1.3.99 works fine with google carddav, but isn't ported yet.

If I fail again, gonna try to compile it, but from the source notes it didn't seem an easy thing to do.
Is the original syncevolution maintainer still in the community?

Tags
google calendar, nokia n900