Notices

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
I didn't get enough feedback about the network fixes - so I am making a v0.0.13 pre-release also available for N9/N950 - get it here: http://waze-qt.googlecode.com/files/...0.12_armel.deb

Please note that if you have installed it from apps4meego or from store, you will need to uninstall before installing this pre-release (because of aegis).

Again, no need to remove .waze directory - it is optional.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Hi, i just tested for N9, only bugs that i get for now, the second search for places will crash the application, the menu seems lack of pixel.. Thank you for application

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

damagedspline - there is a small ui issue on N900 - every few seconds, the waze screen becomes black for a second. it also happened in previous version - are you aware of this issue?

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
damagedspline - there is a small ui issue on N900 - every few seconds, the waze screen becomes black for a second. it also happened in previous version - are you aware of this issue?
Yes, it is a known issue that is related to map refresh.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Czech Republic
Several things to ask:

1. the map displayed in waze on N900 seems to be different (older version) than map on world.waze.com. Why ?

2. when started in portrait mode, waze will not fill the screen properly but it's smaller with black frame. When rotated to landscape and then back to portrait the problem is fixed. I think this was in previous version as well.

3. new GUI integrated icons into one big instead. So far I realized that there is also no longer displayed my GPS speed (had no navigation, just waze turned on) even that it is enabled in properties.

4. this new GUI also caused that when I want to report even (crash, obstacle, etc.) I can not do that by one simple touch but now I have to touch it twice - first go to menu, then click on event. For me this seems to be less comfortable then before.

Originally Posted by K240 View Post
Several things to ask:

1. the map displayed in waze on N900 seems to be different (older version) than map on world.waze.com. Why ?

2. when started in portrait mode, waze will not fill the screen properly but it's smaller with black frame. When rotated to landscape and then back to portrait the problem is fixed. I think this was in previous version as well.

3. new GUI integrated icons into one big instead. So far I realized that there is also no longer displayed my GPS speed (had no navigation, just waze turned on) even that it is enabled in properties.

4. this new GUI also caused that when I want to report even (crash, obstacle, etc.) I can not do that by one simple touch but now I have to touch it twice - first go to menu, then click on event. For me this seems to be less comfortable then before.
1. Only the icons changed.
2. Known issue for the last 3 releases.
3. GPS speed is always shown. In landscape it is always visible and in portrait it is shows every 5 seconds instead of the remaining miles/kms
4. You can do it with a swipe. SWipe the right reports key to the left. Same goes for navigation when swiping the left key to the right.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
For the point 1 - this problem seems to exist in the old version as well (verified). I am wondering why it's different... so far I think the Android users has the more actual map (I am driving to/from work near the new tunnels with brand new multilevel crossing and altough this is correctly displayed in world.waze.com live map I have the old crossing in my Waze on N900, no matter that I wiped out all the cache and everything from the mobile, the old version will download again from somewhere...).

For the rest I will try

Recalling the point 1, it seems that it was just displayed in strange way, overlaying the new crossing so it was not displayed as I expected. Sorry for false alarm

However for the point 3 I tried it today and the speed is indicated only when navigating. If I am not navigating and just running the Waze, I do not see anything but 3 icons on the display. No speed anywhere (definitely not in portrait mode).

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Facebook in talks to buy Israel's Waze for up to $1 billion: Reuters

Originally Posted by PdxDoug View Post
Facebook in talks to buy Israel's Waze for up to $1 billion: Reuters
Israel is a small country so it made a lot of noise here. Anyway, everyone should cross their fingers that if that happens, they will not change the Waze API as this port will not survive such change.