Notices

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I had had crashes plenty with Koffice 1.something - now I'm presently downloading 2.0 from Kubuntu to test it with my ODF files (which are legion).

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I wish I could. This Maemo Summit is eating all my time.

The little time left for testing goes to the extras-testing QA queue.

What I know is that they are making good use of /opt, so even if it's a thick app it won't harm your space available for installing apps.

They are also putting effort in the UI layer to make it Maemo 5 friendly. It's actually a double effort, simplifying the UI of an office desktop suite and also giving a Maemo 5 native look & feel to a Qt application.

A collateral value of this project is that it will become the living proofpoint of the possibilities of Qt in Maemo 5. I hope this also brings the attention of the KDE community based on something they know well and are familiar with.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
*Threads merged.*

I'm just wondering what the effect of this will be on Dataviz' product. I heard they are doing something also for Maemo 5 (or maybe already bundled with the N900)?

I guess Dataviz' app is commercial and you can edit docs, spereadsheets there just like in other platforms, and KOffice will be the free version?

Last edited by Reggie; 2009-09-17 at 19:50.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
KOffice in Maemo is an open source community project and has a long way to go, as Thomas explains in his blog.

By the way, if you want to follow this project then follow this guy: http://twitter.com/sureshchande

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
last night I had an idea:

It would be very practical to use the keys on a bluetooth-headset to interact with KOffice. For example to switch to the next slide on a presentation like using a remote-control.
It could be realised with a very small program, that converts the incoming bluetooth-data from the headset into a normal keyboard-command.
That could be usefull in other programs, too.

Let me know what you think...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
So where to get this?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
last night I had an idea:

It would be very practical to use the keys on a bluetooth-headset to interact with KOffice. For example to switch to the next slide on a presentation like using a remote-control.
It could be realised with a very small program, that converts the incoming bluetooth-data from the headset into a normal keyboard-command.
That could be usefull in other programs, too.

Let me know what you think...
I was also thinking about this and this is something I'm looking into doing when my N900 arrives (hopefully later this week).

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Zeemote can also be used for this...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by mani View Post
KOffice on N900 video

http://sureshchande.blogspot.com/200...ffice-for.html
A version which is able to edit documents? Koffice is only viewer right?