Originally Posted by 0Dark Knight0 View Post
N900 is not capable of making calls and internet over 3g at the same time. so this is for sure not a phone for everyone.

Is that true? Does it mean if I'm surfing web on it and someone calls me I won't be able to answer??
This is incorrect. You will be able to answer and go back to browsing the web and talk on the phone at the same time. I think only Verizon has that problem of not being able to do internet and voice at the same time (not sure though).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by range View Post
Will you please do some research before asking questions which have been answered and discussed on talk.maemo.org over and over and over and over?
sorry

ehat about the manufacture place??? are we going to get the N900 which been made in Finland?? or Korea, India china....!!??

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
ehat about the manufacture place??? are we going to get the N900 which been made in Finland?? or Korea, India china....!!??
You've already participated in the "does anybody know where the n900 is manufactured???" thread. You might be better off asking follow-up questions there rather than forking the discussion over to this thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
I know...well, my understanding is that you can place shortcuts to contacts, calenders, and website on any of your desktops. How about to scripts? As in, if i write a script to automate...well, whatever, can I place a shortcut to it on a desktop?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by iamNarada View Post
I know...well, my understanding is that you can place shortcuts to contacts, calenders, and website on any of your desktops. How about to scripts? As in, if i write a script to automate...well, whatever, can I place a shortcut to it on a desktop?
not yet, a brainstorm item is there for desktop output of scripts, that includes running scripts per widget or something
brainstorm http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...esktop_output/
talk http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34345

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
N900 is not capable of making calls and internet over 3g at the same time. so this is for sure not a phone for everyone.

Is that true? Does it mean if I'm surfing web on it and someone calls me I won't be able to answer??
If I'm not mistaken, only GPRS has this limitation. EDGE and 3G has alleviated that.

So if you have problem getting 3G signal from your carrier that you have to switch to GRPS mode (no coverage, unsupported band, etc), then you might come across that issue.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
If I'm not mistaken, only GPRS has this limitation. EDGE and 3G has alleviated that.

So if you have problem getting 3G signal from your carrier that you have to switch to GRPS mode (no coverage, unsupported band, etc), then you might come across that issue.
EDGE does not support concurrent data and voice, regrettably.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I can say I've kept most of my thoughts back because it was made abundantly clear that the software is not final in these units - hence, any observations/reviews that I made would potentially be inaccurate upon launch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
EDGE does not support concurrent data and voice, regrettably.
Then the above poster's statement is true when the N900 is used on AT&T network.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
qik video streaming, sparta