Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
wtf? class action?

did you even try to get it replaced?!?

it is unfortunate but it is quality deviation which can't be removed completely unless you (and all the others) have 6000 eur to spend to the device....
did you have the same problem?

if yes you ll think like i think

if not... i was talking to the others... i spend 600 euros and it has to work great! people class action. i am tired to spend for horribles pieces of glasses

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
did you have the same problem?

if yes you ll think like i think

if not... i was talking to the others... i spend 600 euros and it has to work great! people class action. i am tired to spend for horribles pieces of glasses
yes, I have the same problem. No, I don't think. Class actions shouldn't be used because manufacturer has a right to repair defect device and he doesn't have obligation to do something as impossible as removing every single defect unit before those ship.

just cool down, I didn't understand anything from the last paragraph.....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

i had it on my device as well

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Yep me to I have really cosseted my N900 as well, always in its case when not in use.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
i have the same problem... same exact place.... also seems one is developing about two cm below original blemish!!

will go to my nokia care point this weekend and let you know what happens. i aint paying to get it sorted!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sajman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I also have this!

Me too, right in the middle

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Got this too, it just appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago but I have no idea what caused it. The device wasn't dropped or anything like that, the only thing I can think of that may be relevant is that I used it outdoors in relatively low (~ -15C) temperatures a few times (but I can't find any operating temperature specs anywhere).

My spot is thankfully mostly in the window titlebar area so it only gets annoying in full screen mode.

Normal LCDs are not intended to be used under 0C. actually it's said that under -5C they should stop working.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London - UK
I've got them too - they were they the day I got it.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
guys, this is not always nokias fault. I would probably say the same thing as but, but recently, my job has forced me to learn more about reliability.
Nokia doesn't make the parts, they mostly assemble it. They order it from suppliers. The supplier then guarantees the screen with a failure rate of .4% and a n of 50000 (this is purely hypothetical). Nokia can't test those devices as their normal running time is 24h/day. So there's no accelerated test to be performed to see how the screen performs after 3-4-5-months.
The usb part was their fault, but this one, no.
Nokia should change your device without any discussions since all the costs will be payed by the display manufacturer or his insurance, but Nokia should really think about changing that supplier since it's bad publicity.

All the companies do the same, choose the one that it's the cheapest, but has the characteristics fitting their requirements.
trust me they don't want this, it costs them more money to change your product after sale then changing it in the factory, which cost more than changing it at the supplier.

The Following User Says Thank You to emeni For This Useful Post: