Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
Hi to all, i had been around this forums when i got my N900 in january, but now i was robbed last week and i really miss my N900 Now i wanna buy an used N900 because of lower price (now im really short of money and im making a big sacrifice to get another phone) from someone in this forum, not specifically, but im not sure if it is safe make a deal with someone through paypal, im located in Ecuador but i will use a paypal address of a friend of mine, with verified address in USA and linked to a valid credit card, and the shipping will be into USA (Miami), but if i pay to someone here, directly, what safety conditions i have to know for trusting the seller? I dont wanna loose more money and I really wanna another N900... It could be more safe if i buy through ebay? Plz give me advice, im some king of newbie buying thing through paypal

PD: Sry the long post and bad english, i hope u guys will help me and undestand me

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Why don't you try ebay? You may find a better deal there... plus, you know your transaction through paypal is safer than simply sending money to a unanimous seller here.

By the way, how much are you willing to spend on the device?

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Your english is good. Never underestimate yourself

There are very good deals in the forum here. May be someone who purchased/sold off N900 here will be able to give you an advice.

Keep checking on Ebay. You might get a better deal there.

The Following User Says Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
I can get around 350-400 no more bad times financially speaking... I keep an eye on Ebay but always the good offers are bids... so it could rise $30-50 in the last 5 minutes... and surpasses my money bag... i really like to buy from someone here becuase this is really a great community but i have this doubt about paying someone directly...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
if it were a couple months later and I had a decent backup device, I'd do it. But lost my N95 8g in pawn, N90 is broken, outdated, and no wifi, and N78 has a bad display. But N900 will be gone soon regardless. Preparing for the next device, could use the cash you're offering...

escrow service?

Paypal has a Buyer Protection Policy apart from the one that came with Ebay?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post
Paypal has a Buyer Protection Policy apart from the one that came with Ebay?
Not really. When you send money through paypal to someone without bill of sale, you're essentially saying "I trust this person and my transaction with him/her is guaranteed to be safe." Just like you would western Union your cousin in Nigeria...

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London - UK
I'm selling mine. It is in perfect condition and has Sygic Maps (Western Europe). £400?

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Not really. When you send money through paypal to someone without bill of sale, you're essentially saying "I trust this person and my transaction with him/her is guaranteed to be safe." Just like you would western Union your cousin in Nigeria...
lolz... that kind of safe?? I'll go for it ... ok ok being serious do you recommend me buy from ebay ok? I hope i'll find a deal below $400 :S