It should be easy.

Create a file called /usr/bin/disconnect, containing:
Code:
dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true
Make sure it is executable by running
chmod a+x /usr/bin/disconnect
Edit the file /usr/bin/db-orange, add at the end of the line starting with pppd call :
Code:
disconnect /usr/bin/disconnect
This option tells pppd to run this script when pppd terminates, and the script tells icd to disconnect.

If this works, I'll add it to the package, so please report.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

I just tried this but it doesn't work.

Ok when i do rfcomm connect 2 it connects. But after 10 seconds it ais disconnected. So it disconnects how to solve this?

Hi Matan, thanks a ton for the groundwork here, making a few changes according to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Bl...Dialup/Verizon I was able to get this working to tether my N900 to my Blackberry Storm on EVDO 3G.

Haven't tried in 1X RTT coverage yet, but I'll usually opt for wifi in those areas anyways.

I did have to change the channel in rfcomm to channel 3.

Just a note, they refer to an /etc/chatscripts/verizon, if anyone has installed your packages they'll want to modify that line to /etc/ppp/chat/verizon.

Here are my setting that work with US Cellular (or USCC) are:

/etc/ppp/peers/gprs
Code:
/dev/rfcomm2
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -s -v -f /etc/ppp/chat/gprs.chat"
nocrtscts
defaultroute
usepeerdns
noauth
user xxxyyyzzzz@uscc.net
password xxxyyyzzzz
Where xxxyyyzzzz is the phone number of the phone without the (1) prefix

/etc/ppp/chat/gprs.chat
Code:
ABORT   'BUSY'
ABORT   'NO CARRIER'
ABORT   'ERROR'
''      ATZ
OK ATDT#777
CONNECT
~p
[b]/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf[b]
Code:
rfcomm2 {
        bind no;
        device vv:xx:yy:zz:aa:bb;
        channel 8;
        # using "sdptool browse vv:xx:yy:zz:aa:bb" tells the channel
}
Those changes allows my old LG ux245 phone to work properly as my DUN device on US Cellulars network.

Please note; the channel appears to be different per phone. The rest of the settings should work the same on your phone.

Thank you Matan for all your hard work; I was able to use what you have done to get myself connected with some additional googling on USCC & LG specific stuff.

Nathan

I've tried to follow these instructions, but I'm still having problems tethering my n900 to my n85.

I installed the package, edited the first file to wap.cingular and the second one to the correct MAC address and channel 2.

It seems to work partially...I checked that 2 is the right channel, and when I rfcomm connect 2 in the terminal it connects and tells me to hit control-c to disconnect and so forth. But if I try to connect to the internet using Orange, the bluetooth symbols on both phones become active for a moment and then (seemingly as soon as anything actually tries to access the internet, but I'm not sure that's accurate) it cuts off. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Also, is there any way to get the n900 not to prefer the Orange connection? When I have a wifi hotspot available, it's a little bit annoying to have to go tell the thing "no, stop trying to connect to orange, this one is better." I haven't found anything yet that seems like a relevant setting.

Last edited by script.ninja; 2010-06-01 at 03:18.

Open two xterms run
rfcomm connect 2
in one of them and
pppd call gprs debug nodetach
in the other. This will show you why pppd fails to connect.

About the other problem, see here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54637

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

Thanks, I hadn't found the pppd command anywhere that I had understood it would tell me what was going wrong.

After figuring out that I need root to run the pppd command (or at least, I need to do something and gaining root is an acceptable alternative), everything looks fine until it gets to this:

send (ATDT*99***1#^M)
expect (CONNECT)
^M
ATDT*99***1#^M^M
CONNECT
-- got it

Illegal instruction
...at which point it dumps me back to the shell prompt. I'm afraid I'm not sure where to go from there.

Is there anything in dmesg?

Try to reinstall the ppp package.

Well, what I have found so far is that I cannot discern any difference in what dmesg tells me before and after I try it. I'm going to give the reinstall a shot.