Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
Do you mean that with dBus-switchboard you can assign FreOffice to open files from email/file manager, or does it only work with open office? So far, my annoying workaround is to save attachments from emails, then open FreOffice and open file with it. But that's far from ideal.
Have not tried to configure the dBus switchboard for freoffice as the preconfigured openoffice ( easy-debian) handler in the dBus-switchboard is doing the job nicely.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
Can we expect Text Translation in the next release?

It would be awesome!
It is already in Extras-devel!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to mani For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
It is already in Extras-devel!!!
mani, thanks for info! I didn't notice this plugin because I have disabled extras-devel.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
so, is or is it not able to open files form email attachments (direct, without saving them first)?

and if no, how do i configure thise d-bus thing? I have it installed and was trying to get a docx to open in freoffice, but wasn't quite sure if i needed to add a new handeler or something.

right now (with default freoffice and d-bus) when i try to open a docx from an email it tells me it can't find a programe to open that filetype with.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Has anyone had any luck in getting the "Online Services" plugin to connect to a google app account instead of a generic @gmail google docs account?
Where I work we have a google apps with our docs hosted there and I would prefer not to need to move them to a gmail account.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi recently I'm notocing one problem, whenever I try to open a bit large file (mine to be specific is 450kb) from file manager it does start up FreOffice but again a dialog pops up to choose a file to open and when chosen it just doesn't load anything while another file which I have of just 25kb is opened without any issue. Any suggestion? thanks.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
so, is or is it not able to open files form email attachments (direct, without saving them first)?
We have fixed this issue, Will be releasing FreOffice with many bug fixes pretty soon. We are testing it to iron out most of the bugs.

Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
Has anyone had any luck in getting the "Online Services" plugin to connect to a google app account instead of a generic @gmail google docs account?
Where I work we have a google apps with our docs hosted there and I would prefer not to need to move them to a gmail account.
It online service plugin will connect to the default google docs server. So If your docs are stored in different server, May be that is the reason it din't work. Or I should provide a option to configure the server address somewhere. Currently I am fixing bugs on FreOffice, So you need to wait for sometime to get an update for online-service plugin. Code is in garage.maemo.org, If you are interested feel free to add this functionality

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Hi recently I'm notocing one problem, whenever I try to open a bit large file (mine to be specific is 450kb) from file manager it does start up FreOffice but again a dialog pops up to choose a file to open and when chosen it just doesn't load anything while another file which I have of just 25kb is opened without any issue. Any suggestion? thanks.
I just tried opening 2M file and it opened it without any issues. If you could send to me I could try and test it. Reason might be engine can't handle it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
When introduced the power to add pictures, etc..?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mani View Post
We have fixed this issue, Will be releasing FreOffice with many bug fixes pretty soon. We are testing it to iron out most of the bugs.
that sounds totaly awesome

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
When introduced the power to add pictures, etc..?
Yes when we make the next release you can add images from your device gallery into Documents.