Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
"Off with his Head". Taken with Advanced Camera on SFOS Pro1, no filters.

The beer is a hazy milkshake IPA with pineapple puree and vanilla. Cheers!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Having a beer while in conversation with my cat, shot with F(x)tec Pro1 (rather old version of stock SD camera app, [edit] it was unedited but i rotated it in gimp now because some browsers showed it upside down).

Last edited by netman; 2020-08-08 at 20:46.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Cheers all!
Nice entries so far, most of them ignoring the Reinheitsgebot

38° Celsius here today, time to kill the left-overs from yesterdays work near chiemsee. 8 hour ride back home was hard to bare with only drinking water.
Only roughly 44 bottles to go now

Proš using Advanced Camera aka piggz-o-vision, unedited but staged as hell.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Poppels Session IPA
Ale. Fruity taste with clear ash, hints of apricot, mango, orange and sourdough loaf.

Xperia X, Sailfish stock photo app, no editing.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Cheers all!
Nice entries so far, most of them ignoring the Reinheitsgebot
(...)
https://mosushi.de/misc/photocomp/IM...809_205605.jpg
Does that Kirin beer follow the Reiheitsgebot?

I'm always amazed at how much variety one can get with only 2 ingredients + water.
I am not competing this month because the hot days with dewy glasses on a lazy afternoon are over here, but here's some Finnish beer adhering to the Reinheitsgebot in all its products AFAIHT (as far as I have tasted). The best thing: they're not too expensive while being pretty good quality.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Everything that comes from Japan is relatively often westernized. Whether it is video games or translations of Japanese literature, or even their beer.
I still don't know where this paternalism comes from, but even with Kirin Ichiban Premium Press we are not allowed to drink the original version from Japan. Because this Kirin is clearly made in Germany and brewed according to the German purity order.

And because the Free State of Bavaria in particular attaches great importance to this, the German bottler produces without the most important original ingredient, rice.

Behind the brewery is a prominent representative, the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan even. But it is not quite as dramatic as it reads.
It was important to the responsible persons from Japan that this special German version of the beer is strongly based on the original, taste wise.

I had the fortune to taste imported kirin a friend brought from japan and i must say Weihenstephan has succeeded in doing so by using a special selection of hops.
Kirin Ichiban is an incredibly palatable and refreshing Pils.
Optically, Kirin looks like a Pils, but tastes more like a lager when you drink it and sip it a few times later. The special thing about the finish is how mild the beer is with 5% alcohol volume. The scratchy aftertaste, inherent to many Pils, is completely absent with Kirin.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Everything that comes from Japan is relatively often westernized.
"Relatively often." That's a term I have not heard before But I like it

This is not my entry as it was taken with a real camera and not a phone one and the beer theme would be rather stretched, but I wanted to share it with you as I found it so cute. Four bees having a buffet in a single flower in our garden:

Name:  DSC06926.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  139.2 KB

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"Relatively often." That's a term I have not heard before But I like it

This is not my entry as it was taken with a real camera and not a phone one and the beer theme would be rather stretched, but I wanted to share it with you as I found it so cute. Four bees having a buffet in a single flower in our garden:

Attachment 41208
I have been trying to establish a passion flower since forever! Starting seeds this fall, will see . . .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I have been trying to establish a passion flower since forever! Starting seeds this fall, will see . . .
Off topic but...

I got my seeds from dropped fruit picked up from under someone's fence a few houses down my street. I looked up the growing instructions and they seemed complicated: apparently, you need to soak the seeds in mildly alcoholic water, to simulate germinating in fermenting fallen fruit. And you need to it for weeks, if not months.

So I did. For months! I don't remember how many, but more that three. Could have been as many as six. I was almost giving up, when they started germinating. All at once. Out of about 20 seeds I started with, about 18 germinated (I say "about" because it was years ago, I can't remember exactly). So I would say yes, they require a lot of dedication.

But now they grow like weeds. They seed themselves and I can hardly keep up destroying the shoots I don't want.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
The reason for me not contributing here has been that before summer I was told that I have to move my car project from the school where it had stayed for three years in pieces. I had 10 weeks time and the body was on bare metal, weldings undone, chassis undone of weldings and painting and more many things barely thought over how to do them. So in 10 weeks I used over 500 hours to be able to take it outside. 7-23 was normal working hours. I got the base paint and rust preventor done on the body and frame and body and frame put together not untill my work already started, so I got only one week to do the real paint job cause there should be no toxic gasses in the school. All paint job done by hand using two compound car paints, cause no possibility to use airbrush inside the classroom. Monday untill 4am, tuesday 2:30, weednesday untill 1, thursday about the same, and the last painting day friday again untill 3:30am, the last two flowers in the back wall. On both sides of the car there is the Mad Hatters hat from the cartoon ALice in Wonderland. I am still gonna make some more characters out of wood and metal and do some other fun things, but now I need to pay someone to make this car work properly. I don't know anything about motors or electricity and that stuff. I installed new pipes for brakes with a new main cylinder, but thats it.

I got two times last autumn panic disorder situations and the last one took me on three weeks sick leave. I almost got it again couple of times while this 10 week insane working session. I have had to move the hole in my belt over 3 cm one by one, because I have not been eating too much. Each night when I got home I have taken 500mg C, 100mg D, 100mg Magnesium, 100mg Fe, B6 for brains to work, 5 mixture of good bacteria pills, and a multivitamin. Occasionally have taken burana or aspirin to prevent the blood blocks and to ease the pain everywhere in my body.

I have assembled two Volvo V70 seats in, made the carpet work, tried installing badly chopped windshield which got into pieces, assembled one new door window with sealings but the lifting mechanism doesn't work properly on either doors, glued the back window in place, cleaned up the engine and painted a bit. And got it out yesterday and took it with a trailer to our public parking lot. My bike "Windyhead", the flying unicorn, went straight in front of it and took it in cover under her wings.

But here is the link to images. I will try to add some more.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3vcrl9od...lkHrDWV_a?dl=0

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-08-17 at 10:31.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition