So all these testers and pre-testers get the N900 and are playing with it... yet we have no information as yet much on specific functionality and nice-little tid-buts from them.

Only once in a while I see some little info from Planet Maemo or somewhere - a little nugget of info thrown to the hungry dogs so to speak.

So are all 300 Maemo summit attendees under NDA's or what ?
Ad not any info on what Nokia is rectifying on the official ROM and what are the fixes going in (except some major ones which Qole and others have discussed - like the memory issue etc).

Just a question - was the N900 so much of a beta quality thats been the reason for the tight NDA's and the delays ? Or is it something more benign than that ?

There was no NDA or anything. They've been giving them to reviewers as well for crying out loud. Feel free to ask questions.

I have no idea really why the n900 was delayed. It seems solid to me.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
So all these testers and pre-testers get the N900 and are playing with it... yet we have no information as yet much on specific functionality and nice-little tid-buts from them.

Only once in a while I see some little info from Planet Maemo or somewhere - a little nugget of info thrown to the hungry dogs so to speak.

So are all 300 Maemo summit attendees under NDA's or what ?
Ad not any info on what Nokia is rectifying on the official ROM and what are the fixes going in (except some major ones which Qole and others have discussed - like the memory issue etc).

Just a question - was the N900 so much of a beta quality thats been the reason for the tight NDA's and the delays ? Or is it something more benign than that ?
Nokia obviously went out of their way to find the 300 most introverted and anti-social attendees. I would say only 10% of the 300 have provided public feedback (positive or negative).. quite odd

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Have you checked the maemo.org bugzilla lately? Lots of 'feedback' there from the Summit 300. That 'introverted' and public feedback will give you all a much better release version of Maemo 5, and top notch apps in Extras.

Peter specifically said in Amsterdam that there was no NDA... feel free to ask questions if you want.

Edit: The pre release Maemo 5 we have does not feel Beta at all. There are some bugs, yes. But overall, the OS is top notch. And really, what hasn't been covered on youtube already?

Last edited by EIPI; 2009-11-10 at 04:18.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Perhaps, I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that most of the people at the Maemo Summit were developers, rather than media/blog people. I'm just guessing, but I'd imagine the developers are more interested in using the device and figuring out what they're going to work on with it, than posting information online. I'd love to hear from them, but I can understand how that's not their focus.

The Following User Says Thank You to cb474 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
So all these testers and pre-testers get the N900 and are playing with it... yet we have no information as yet ...
Following Eldar's initial preview, the most information I got was from using it for 5 minutes at the Chicago store.

Originally Posted by eean View Post
There was no NDA or anything. They've been giving them to reviewers as well for crying out loud. Feel free to ask questions.
A rather odd suggestion to reverse roles.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
The week the N0900 ships we will see more info and reviews we can handle.

Then the Maemo and Android fanboys will duke it out with the N900 and Droid being the fighters of choice. I know who I have my money on and it does not have one spec of byte code to bog it down

That being said, at least the Droid was actually released on time.....

Round one goes to Droid

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
The week the N0900 ships we will see more info and reviews we can handle.

Then the Maemo and Android fanboys will duke it out with the N900 and Droid being the fighters of choice. I know who I have my money on and it does not have one spec of byte code to bog it down

That being said, at least the Droid was actually released on time.....

Round one goes to Droid
Yep released on time and they are already predicting OTA updates to fix some of the issues before year end.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Yep released on time and they are already predicting OTA updates to fix some of the issues before year end.
What would be nice is if Android allowed more video codecs in the framework.

Tags
qik video streaming, sparta