Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Germany
Just as information: I'm having same issues with group-chat-messages. Plus the e2e-encryption bug...

Hope there is someone working on this. Just don't want to switch to android-version...

In the new version can I choose to not sync my contacts with Whatsapp servers?

(Also I started looking at Signal a bit, their desktop client uses mostly C and javascript so that should be portable to SFOS)

Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
Can confirm this works! Takes a few tries in DM for a message to come through, but once it does - messages start coming in from that person in all chats.
Also can confirm that this works. Only with big groups it is a lot of work to DM everybody. Still hope this is a bug and can be fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Also can confirm that this works. Only with big groups it is a lot of work to DM everybody. Still hope this is a bug and can be fixed.
Not really a bug, but a WA feature (encryption) not yet implemented in Yappary/WU ... Probably it will be available in the future (I hope soon)

Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Not really a bug, but a WA feature (encryption) not yet implemented in Yappary/WU ... Probably it will be available in the future (I hope soon)
Ok, but why is encryption default on in groups? And how does it work with official clients like the S40? They also not have encryption.

Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Ok, but why is encryption default on in groups? And how does it work with official clients like the S40? They also not have encryption.
I think about 2 days ago happened some WA update (our clients indeed needed version change).. After this update suddenly Yappari and WU users (Sailfish/Harmattan) started to have this behaviour..
Honestly I don't know how S40 version handles that (or in worst case if they implemented encryption in S40 too and work-around simply triggers a deprecated feature of WA protocol: this would be really a bad thing, meaning time is running out to implement encryption )

I found an encrypted message from the log. Anyway to decrypt it?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
WU related stuff:

a) thanks for getting this up and running again!

b) how do onread notifications work in Sailfish? If I see a message later in general notifications, does it count as 'read'? If I'm doing something else on the phone and a message pops up at the top and scrolls all the way, does that count as 'read'? Or is a message only read when WU UI is open?

Hoping it's last one haha...
When you send a message using your Whatsapp client, the red dot is for not yet sent, yellow for sent but not received yet, green is for recieved but not yet read, blue is for read. so no when a message arrives as a notification and you are not in the chat window of the one that sent it on Whatsup it is counted as received not read, once you open your Whatsup and the chat window with the sender, then it is read.

The Following User Says Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
It's read only when you open the conversation
Nice to see you again Cepi, have you been able to replace your stolen device?

so im back to android version untill the group message fix

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup