Active Topics

I just got my N950 and after playing a bit with it, it asked me to enter a security code. I did that and now every time I try to unlock my phone it ask it, which is really annoying.

Does anyone know how to disable it? I couldn't find a disable setting anywhere for it. I think this security code check came on after setting up the connection to the Exchange server.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I just got my N950 and after playing a bit with it, it asked me to enter a security code. I did that and now every time I try to unlock my phone it ask it, which is really annoying.

Does anyone know how to disable it? I couldn't find a disable setting anywhere for it. I think this security code check came on after setting up the connection to the Exchange server.
Yes, I deleted and recreated my MfE connection with the non-provisionable device box checked to avoid that. You could try the options in Settings -> Security -> Device Lock though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yes, I deleted and recreated my MfE connection with the non-provisionable device box checked to avoid that. You could try the options in Settings -> Security -> Device Lock though.
Ah, that was it.

First I went to check that non-provisionable device on my Exchange settings. After that there was more settings under Device Lock, including Off.

Thanks a lot for your help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
i am jelly with u guys n950 :/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Settings > Security > Device lock?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Garr, I shouldn't open forum pages and then answer half an hour later without refreshing first. :-D

Is it possible to disable the device lock on N9? I haven't found any place to it and there is not such option in Settings/Security/Device lock. I used Mail For Exchange but I have now removed it because I rather be without the device lock than have my work mail in my personal phone, if there only was a way to disable it...

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
In your exchange account settings check the option that says "Non provisionable device" under connection settings. Done.

Last edited by diegofigueroa; 2011-12-15 at 01:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diegofigueroa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by diegofigueroa View Post
In your exchange account settings check the option that says "Non provisionable device" under connection settings. Done.
I did this but it still asks for the security code. If I had set this right the first time a set up Mail For Exchange, it might have worked? Now I have the device lock configured and I can't get rid of it... Removing Mail For Exchange didn't change anything and neither did re-installing it with "Non provisionable device" enabled.

Originally Posted by diegofigueroa View Post
Finally... that lock was driving me crazy! Worked on my N9. Thanks!