Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
The incorrect version in HAM "Application details" is a known flaw and a special gimmick of chemist ;-D
Please forgive the minor inconvenience. It's really CSSU-Stable 21.2011.38-1Smaemo5, and it should indentify as such, once installed/updated.

Merry XMess
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Please forgive the minor inconvenience. It's really CSSU-Stable 21.2011.38-1Smaemo5, and it should indentify as such, once installed/updated.
No inconvenience I just thought I'd report.
I can confirm it is the correct package and installs perfectly.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
True, I noticed myself... I do not want to update the meta-package again as in two weeks or three you will get another update. It installs 5.0.

Thanks for the report anyway! Good to have people around noticing stuff we miss out on. This time it was just a version string in the info hopes up I do not mess up other parts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ GTA Ontario
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
The ports problem?! That should not have anything to do with cssu. I have no samba installed though.
I've narrowed it down to an arp issue. The N900 does not respond to arp requests anymore. I have to ping the other device, before it can connect with the services available on the N900

How can we get this fixed?

just updated. everything works great and thanks for this great stable release! Maemo 5 is still ALIVE!

I can't update. It says I need to use the Nokia PC Suite, which I don't have and don't want to install. It appears that some version of libc is outdated...? any ideas?

Originally Posted by zero View Post
I can't update. It says I need to use the Nokia PC Suite, which I don't have and don't want to install. It appears that some version of libc is outdated...? any ideas?
Type "sudo gainroot" in a terminal and then type "apt-get update" then reboot.
Go into your App manager and select updates, it should work then

Originally Posted by gadgetChris View Post
I've narrowed it down to an arp issue. The N900 does not respond to arp requests anymore. I have to ping the other device, before it can connect with the services available on the N900

How can we get this fixed?
Power Saving Settings of Wifi? Could it be, that Wifi goes into power safe, thus needing to be activated from the phone it self with some network using software and that's why it does not respond to a request from the outside?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Would you guys please mind to move that discussion else where?! (New Thread or search if others had the problem too.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
Can we have the whole error message please!
I know only an error from -testing but not -stable?!