Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Installing the Skype account-plugin from the N9 repository appears to work just fine on PR1.2beta - suggest installing the Skype account-plugin after flashing (naturally!) and prior to restoring any backup so that contacts and messages will be restored correctly with all details intact.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Facebook app shows notifications on the top bar.
Oh i love this update!

"Smart" Birthdays are working again, but only for new contacts. For existing contacts that already have the Birthday field populated, you need to modify the birthdate to something other than the current date, save the contact, modify the birthdate back to the correct date, save the contact again and then wait a few seconds for the item to appear in the "Birthdays" calendar.

I've re-opened bug #158. Arguably this remaining defect could/should be a new bug, but I'd rather it was assigned to the current bug as upgrading existing contacts is all part and parcel of the same defect as far as I'm concerned.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
The beta is only available through a One Click Flasher, it won't be released OTA.
That's unpleasant. Here goes again backup, install, restore and tweak game.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Restoring from a PR1.1 backup restored all my Accounts, Conversations and also Notes.
Did it work for contacts, or you need to back them up manually?

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Did it work for contacts, or you need to back them up manually?
I can't say for sure about Contacts, as I had them synced to Ovi and I'm not sure if they were restored by Ovi or my backup. Either way, I got all my Contacts back without a hitch, I'm just not sure where they came from so your mileage may vary...

For some reason I couldn't get Twitter tweets to appear in the Feed view - the Twitter app was working fine, but I just couldn't get any tweets to appear automatically in the Feed view. After disabling the Twitter account and also flipping and twiddling with just about every Feed/Notification related setting I could find, I deleted the Twitter account, added it back and hey presto - tweets in my Feed view during the next scheduled update.

I had restored all of my accounts from a PR1.1 backup, so maybe something went awry with the restore...

i hope for sleepscreen mod(date, info, etc) appears on pr 1.3

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I'm quite impressed with the update, the N950 seems smoother (but then that always happens with a clean flash).

The Nokia Drive app has some great improvements. DLNA support is a welcome addition (its fantastic to see new features being added after all the commotion around MeeGo being abandoned).

My Perth Trains app seems to be unaffected by the font update, and I haven't found any issue with other apps yet either.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I'm quite impressed with the update, the N950 seems smoother (but then that always happens with a clean flash).
Yeah, so far everything about PR1.2beta has been positive - some really nice surprises too. Great job.

I really wish they would have fixed bug #24 though - it baffles me why they are procrastinating over something that (to me at least) seems like such an obvious and essential enhancement if the N9 is to be taken seriously as an email tool (make it an option if it's that big of a deal - "New Mail Alert [Notify once|Notify always]"). Jeez.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Does it have Qt 4.8 ?