Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Anyone else lost all his conversations?

I can not even restore from backup.
All conversations are stored in my backup, but
after the restore the conversations app is still empty.

It seems after this update the app uses a different file to store conversations.
Any hint how to import my old conversations?

nicolai

Last edited by nicolai; 2010-05-26 at 07:09.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i did a backup of mine before a reflash and all conversations restored afterwards. have you tried re-loading the backup?

my desktop conversations widget is completely gone!

not in the list of available widgets!

Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
i did a backup of mine before a reflash and all conversations restored afterwards. have you tried re-loading the backup?
Yes, I made a backup, just to be sure. I was suprised the conversations are lost, because the firmware update shouldn't touch
them at all. And my contacts are still there.
And reloading the backup didn't bring them back.
No one else with this problem?

nicolai

I took a backup but my conversations were not removed by the reflash.

My email settings were lost, but restore fixed that.

ok finally I got my conversation history back. I don't know exactly
what was happing. Maybe it is because I got a sms-message just
after the update but before I tried to restore the conversations.

In the .rtcom-eventlogger directory were my backup.tgz, el.db (with old history)
and el-v1.db (with one new message).
To get my old conversation history back I had to remove (or move away) the el-v1.db
(but don't start the conversation app), restore from backup (this creates a new el-v1.db).
And now all conversations are back :-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
i had the exact same problem as Nicolai, i got a txt during the update then my convos wouldn't work. i removed all the .db and db journal files from .rtcom-eventlogger, rebooted, works fine now

I have the same issue as ZootHornRollo... The conversations desktop widget disappeared after the maemo 5 update... It isn't in the list of avaliable widgets... Any ideas on how to get it back...?

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Mansester, Finland
Originally Posted by karlosfandango View Post
I have the same issue as ZootHornRollo... The conversations desktop widget disappeared after the maemo 5 update... It isn't in the list of avaliable widgets... Any ideas on how to get it back...?
You can edit /home/user/.config/hildon-desktop/home.plugins and remove the two lines referring to the conversations widget, then it'll be available in available widgets. But despite this (and despite trying different themes), the widget simply doesn't show up. Any ideas? FWIW my N900 is pretty much plain vanilla, just got it last Friday and had only installed a couple of apps (and the previous PR) before.

I have just noticed that N900 tries to switch to offline mode just before the upgrade (after downloading the package), however without success - as the popup states.

Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post

my desktop conversations widget is completely gone!

not in the list of available widgets!
Conversations widget was not originally on the phone as I remember. One actually downloads it from Extras