Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Nice app
Would it be possible to add an option to block all incoming messages,without blacklisting a specific number?
So an incoming message goes directly to conversations without flashing the yellow flag.
That is a feature i misssed since i bought the device
Thanks anyhow, looks promising

any update on this app?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Not yet, but I am still working on this app.

Nicolai

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much. I can't wait to see your update

works great so far,really cant wait for an update can we please have an option to show the icon or not,questions are being asked lol......

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
tried to block SMS from a certain number but it failed..

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
1. They aren't blocked at all?
2. Or does the notification (sound and/or vibra)
came up for a short time before it get blocked?

For the former, be sure you typed in the exact number
of the sender like "+49166XXXXX". For the latter, yes
blocking does not work always, sometimes the notification
is faster than blocking.

nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
hi nicolai,
thank you for this really useful application. that fix my problem with the annoying notification sound during a call. works perfect for a chat with only one person. but in a skype group chat it don't block the notification. i added all group members to the list.
any ideas?

thanks

Nicolai,

I'm a novice in N900 / Maemo. I have come from Symbian UIQ3, and Windows Mobile (HTC TyTn II). On both device there are some SMS / Call blocker applications.

On UIQ3, because SE treated delivery notification as part of the sent item, it doesn't need to be blocked (as it usually annoying to get the beep/ring/vibrate just to find out it's only notification ). However on Windows Mobile, it's treated like a real incoming message if being used/turned on. So it has to be blocked.

Now, as a forgetful person, sometime I got SMS that I don't hear/feel, and not responding. To alleviate this, I use a kind of SMS reminder application, which available on both platform. Using these reminder, it is even more important to have SMS filter, as I only want to be reminded about real SMS.

So, the ideal application for me would be: primarily work on whitelist (primarily based on contacts/address book), filter out all other sender (i.e. advertisement from mobile operator, sms promotion from companies, etc.) and store them into a separate folder/logs without ringing. User can then decide if they want some (i.e. newfound friend, number not yet stored in address book) of the SMS being moved from the log/folder into normal conversation/inbox or just delete them.

I hope you understand my need, in the meanwhile, I'll test out your application and provide feedback ..

Thank you very much for your effort!

hi, is there any progress on this app?