Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Tweetian for Symbian and MeeGo now updated to v1.2.1.

Full changelog at my blog.

Lots of stability improvements in this version thanks to Nokia give me a N9 so I able to test it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Can we edit something in /usr/share/applications/defaults.list to make Tweetian the default Twitter application when clicking on a tweet in the Events screen?

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Can we edit something in /usr/share/applications/defaults.list to make Tweetian the default Twitter application when clicking on a tweet in the Events screen?
Nope, the event feed is generate by the stock Twitter client and has no direct connections with Tweetian, unless I use Tweetian to generate tweet to the event feeds

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
what you could do is enable your application to provide feeds on the events screen and the user disabling twitter feeds from the notifications panel...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
what you could do is enable your application to provide feeds on the events screen and the user disabling twitter feeds from the notifications panel...
Yes that's possible but that would require some complicated dbus command which i totally not familiar at. Give me sometimes, maybe i can do it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
And find little bug here, when swipe to another pages its always jump to where you first time opened, :/

but i love tweetian, coolest client, and its free!!,

You mean swipe between timeline, mentions and DM and it jump to the top? It shouldn't happens... Maybe you swipe using the top header and miss-clicked on it so it jump to the top?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
No, its jump back to the where i left off from the 1st time i open it, but its ok, not that big problem, and freeze problem also gone now, nice!! Thx for your hardwork, keep it up buddy, keep swipe!!

Great application - have been using it as default twitter client for a while. One question regarding new version: it now jumps to the top when I refresh - previous version stayed where I was so I would scroll up to see new tweets.

Was this changed or is there a setting?

Thanks

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
@Dickson

Many thanks for a great app, but as I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Twitter I'm wondering what the significance is of the different coloured vertical bars that appear alongside some tweets, eg. the blue bar in the image below (I've also seen white bars):

Could you explain this aspect of the UI and what these coloured bars mean? I'm sure it's obvious but I'm yet to work it out!

Also one request - is it possible to highlight new tweets in some way? I see the "New Tweet" count in the title bar, but there is nothing visible displayed against each of the individual tweets which indicates to me they are new, or not. For example, a small visual cue such as emboldening the tweet source/time of new tweets would suffice, or attaching a small graphical widget/image next to the source/time which is then removed once the tweet is no longer considered "new".

Thanks again.