Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
MY USB Port just fell out and I'm going to go and buy a Nexus S. Problem is, how do I backup my contacts if I can't connect USB anymore?

I was thinking bluetooth but can someone give me the steps on what to do on the N900 and where to back them up on the Computer?

Then I want to save them into my Google Account so the Nexus S can just update the contacts on the phone OTA (over the air).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

enable your bluetooth on your N900, then fire up Ovi Suite and choose add device

though there's some issue with Ovi Suite not recognizing N900 bluetooth (it's registered as computer, not a phone device) after first time connecting via bluetooth, but since this is your first time I believe it'll detect your N900 properly

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
MY USB Port just fell out and I'm going to go and buy a Nexus S. Problem is, how do I backup my contacts if I can't connect USB anymore?

I was thinking bluetooth but can someone give me the steps on what to do on the N900 and where to back them up on the Computer?

Then I want to save them into my Google Account so the Nexus S can just update the contacts on the phone OTA (over the air).

Actually you can just go ahead to configure MfE in N900 for your existing gmail account and sync all your contacts in N900 to this account.

P.S. sorry about your lost.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Perfect thanks to the both of you! Have to get an external charger and charge the battery first so I will report back later.

Try SyncEvolution, works best OTA without any loss of data

Cheers!!

Originally Posted by ABerri View Post