Hey Everyone, thank you for a wonder full site. I've already learned alot from here but I couldnt not find this in the search.

After the last update, the calls log and conversations on my phone is not updating. Its still stuck at the same list since the 6th. I tried re-installing the update through NSU, tried it with and without doing restoring the backup I took but still the same problem.

Is there a way to fix this without sending the phone back to nokia? My front bazel got ruined so I opened the phone to change the bezel and I am affraid they might not honor the warranty because of that.

Thank you in advance

is there any solution for this?

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
The fix is fairly simple if you have a backup saved. Open xterm and type rm -rf .rtcom-eventlogger to clear the corrupt database and then do a restore as normal. After the restore reboots your device, everything will be back to normal, and the messages that arrived but were not saved while the database was broken should appear again. Anything you sent will have vanished though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
The fix is fairly simple if you have a backup saved. Open xterm and type rm -rf .rtcom-eventlogger to clear the corrupt database and then do a restore as normal. After the restore reboots your device, everything will be back to normal, and the messages that arrived but were not saved while the database was broken should appear again. Anything you sent will have vanished though.
What if you won't have a backup saved?

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
If you don't restore from backup, you'll just start again with an empty call/sms log, but it'll all work.
It's probably possible to manually transfer the entries from the old database to the new with some funky SQL, but no-one has yet bothered to work out what's required.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
rm -rf .rtcom-eventlogger was the right command to make call log and coversations to work again. Cheers!

And you were right, it removes the history completely but I think that's not a big deal.

Hi sorry I'm really new to this, in xterminal, after typing that code (is there spaces in there?) do you press anything?
also, what exactly do you mean by a restore?

Thank you

hmmm what about fixing the database?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
What do you mean by "do a restore as normal"? Re-flash the phone or do you mean just restart it after running that command in xterm?

Hi,

I tried to use rm -rf .rtcom-eventlogger to clear the corrupt database but it kept giving me "Read-only file system" errors:
rm: cannot remove '/home/usre/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-vl.db-journal': Read-only file system

Why is my file system read-only? Do I need to do anything before I remove them? I checked the file permission and all of them (the subdirectories and files under .rtcom-eventlogger) have "rw" permission and the owner is "user".

Any help is greatly appreciated! Not able to view my call/sms log is a real pain...