Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
I have an n900 running multiboot with maemo and android, android crashes alot. and after one of these crashes I tried to reboot.

when I boot up it just shows the nokia logo on a white screen, and then shuts down, when I plug in a charger or a computer the orange light will turn orange (not flickering like it is charging but it is on the whole time)

I decided I want to reflash it, but when I try to plug it in my computer holding "u" the screen turn white with the nokia logo, but there is no USB logo in the upper right corner of the screen, and flasher 3.5 wont detect it.

sometimes when I plug it in with "u" the light wil directly go orange and it wil show no nokia logo on the screen at all.

On the nokia usa forum it says this is a battery problem, does anybody have any experience with this?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
If you are sure your battery is charged, try doing as descripted in the last section (right before the "Flashed but still getting only "5 white dots going back and forth"" title) of the "Updating the firmware" wiki pages Troubleshooting section.

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
If you are sure your battery is charged, try doing as descripted in the last section (right before the "Flashed but still getting only "5 white dots going back and forth"" title) of the "Updating the firmware" wiki pages Troubleshooting section.
So my battery isn't full enough? I left it for about 6 hours charging, while the phone trying to boot the whole time, I guess that doesn't fill the battery enough, even with the 1200 mA charger I used from the play 360.

The only problem is that the only other phones I can get my hands on are: nokia n97, n8, e7, 2310. none of them shares the battery with the n900, is there any other way to charge the battery?

edit: no wait, I can get my hands on a nokia c3, I will try to charge my battery with that phone.

Last edited by hahahi20; 2012-05-01 at 10:08.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
see if you can find a 5800XM or a X1-01
same battery with N900

and one more thing: are you using 64bit or 32bit windows?

I can find a c3, and I am using vista 32 bit ,that is not the problem, I have flashed it succesfully before