Active Topics

I am a proud owner of the N900 since it released. I really like the N900 and its OS and feaures/potential has made me stick to it since. The lack of support from Nokia has dented the potential somewhat. I dont know what the future holds for Nokia supported OS and I would really like to get back into the mass market of APPS.

I am now looking to upgrade, Im not sure if its too early for that (Does the N900 still have life in it?). I seriously think the Galaxy S has an edge over N900 and I would benefit from it.

Galaxy S -Main features.

Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches
Multi-touch input method
512 MB RAM, 2GB ROM
Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection
ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
Standard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh
And iof course the Android Apps

Is there any reason you believe that I should not upgrade from N900?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
if youre not happy with the N900 or the galaxy S has features you prefer, go for it !

I would go for the galaxy S Pro, it has 4G and a hardware keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to mtjioe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
if youre not happy with the N900 or the galaxy S has features you prefer, go for it !
Im happy with my N900, I have had it for almost a year. I think its time for an upgrade.

I have not upgraded to any other phone so far because the N900 Tablet has the best/should I say most potential OS and specs at the time of its release. I believe other manufacturers have taken the lead and Galaxy S is a real contender.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I think that there's a bit of a apples vs oranges comparisant about to start here, as I feel that the Sam Galaxy S is a completely different kind of device than the N900. Well that mentioned "pro" version might be a bit more similar.

However, if you're happy with N900 but find yourself interested in the Galaxy S, then get the Galaxy S but maybe put the "either or" mentality aside. Find a way to use both devices. For me the N900 is more like a tool that's always handy to have around. But then on the other hand, going out with my friends I might prefer a more one-handed device.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Philly USA
I have the galaxy s and I really like it, I haven't really used my n900 since I got it.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I would wait longer.. hardware wise it is not that big of a difference. Though you seam to be after some andoid apps. Try to think what apps you are missing, if android have them, switch... Otherwise wait until a better phone comes. Shouldn't be long.

Or install Nitdroid on the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by roguespy0 View Post
I have the galaxy s and I really like it, I haven't really used my n900 since I got it.
Can you give some feedback in comparison to the N900?

Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
I would go for the galaxy S Pro, it has 4G and a hardware keyboard.
That would defo seal the deal. When is it released?

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I would wait longer.. hardware wise it is not that big of a difference. Though you seam to be after some andoid apps. Try to think what apps you are missing, if android have them, switch... Otherwise wait until a better phone comes. Shouldn't be long.

Or install Nitdroid on the n900.
Proper supported apps like games, maps etc. The N900 is good but like someone said its not supposed to be a phone so technically cannot compare to any other "phone". The problem with N900 is the user/community has to support which is great but limited in the long term.

Im still waiting for Flash 10.1, dont even know if ts been released or gonna be released for the N900.

N900 was basically a test product for Nokia. I have enjoyed my time with it, I think its time to move on to a proper product.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaSPeR1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
well, you'll definitely love that super amoled screen! i have a jet before my n900, and the screen was fantastic, and that wasnt even super amoled, only "normal" amoled.

but i would wait for the galaxy s pro, because it features a hardware keyboard! not sure if it has a release-date yet, though...

Originally Posted by CaSPeR1 View Post
I am a proud owner of the N900 since it released. I really like the N900 and its OS and feaures/potential has made me stick to it since. The lack of support from Nokia has dented the potential somewhat. I dont know what the future holds for Nokia supported OS and I would really like to get back into the mass market of APPS.

I am now looking to upgrade, Im not sure if its too early for that (Does the N900 still have life in it?). I seriously think the Galaxy S has an edge over N900 and I would benefit from it.

Galaxy S -Main features.

Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches
Multi-touch input method
512 MB RAM, 2GB ROM
Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection
ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
Standard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh
And iof course the Android Apps

Is there any reason you believe that I should not upgrade from N900?
hmm...i think the processor of galaxy S is hummingbird

The Following User Says Thank You to s33 For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900-fail-wail