Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Here is some pictures of early prototype that I will show to Moto and Lenovo:

This is not the final version yet. But enough to show as a pre-production engineering prototype. (The final version will have a much better finish.)

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Dirk, in plaats van de hele tijd zo pisnijdig te reageren op iemand anders die TOHKBD maar dan beter gaat maken kan je ook gewoon grappige geitenfilmpjes kijken op YouTube, dan ben je snel van je frustraties verlost.
English please, that's the language most understand, I won't delete this post, some complained & provided a translation for me.
What you said I don't think warrants being deleted or infractions...
Just express what you want to say in English, then more people can understand what you're saying, & express if they agree/disagree/don't-care.

Thank-you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Here is some pictures of early prototype that I will show to Moto and Lenovo:
Looking good mate! You have just made me buy a moto z and donate in the hope that this reaches production

This really is as close as we are going to get to the n900 in 2017...and I think Im fine with that

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
Looking good mate! You have just made me buy a moto z and donate in the hope that this reaches production

This really is as close as we are going to get to the n900 in 2017...and I think Im fine with that
Thank you! At this stage I can only guarantee that I will make this keyboard HW as good as I can. I can't do any help on SW yet as someone has to do a port of Moto Mod platform to make it useful in other OSes.

But hopefully with your and others' support to make project like this successful we might be able to create products even more closer to N900 in the coming future.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I can't do any help on SW yet as someone has to do a port of Moto Mod platform to make it useful in other OSes.
Is full Moto Mod platform actually needed to support the keyboard? This was brought up before, but if you use HID interface, it's implemented by Greybus HID kernel driver, so it should work with SFOS as-is as long as no additional Android-size initialization is required to enable mods.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Our product was chosen as Moto accelerator program.

http://blog.motorola.com/2017/04/20/...es-innovation/

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Good work mate, what does this mean in terms of your indigogo campaign, us donaters and the overall project in general?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
Good work mate, what does this mean in terms of your indigogo campaign, us donaters and the overall project in general?
Through this program Moto will help delivering product to their regions which will boost quatity of sales. And they will help on other aspects if needed.

Lenovo will support this project to keep it alive regardless of Indiegogo.

However I will do my best to fulfill IGG amount, probably I will put personal fundings in it. I really want to deliver to the contributors first.

P.S : This is actually the best outcome, if with investment then this company will be tied up with Moto Mods and I can't do with the next product I planned. At least IGG funds is still a small amount and being independant is also important.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-04-20 at 19:39.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
That's good to hear man. You deserve their support regardless of the campaigns success/failure but i agree would be good to see those that believed in the product at the igg stage be rewarded for their support....Plus i haven't had much luck on the products i have believed in through crowd funding (although feeling like I dodged a bullet with the Ubuntu edge these days) so would be nice to see one actually reach completion. Would donate more if i could man and good to see someone with the skills and knowledge still hanging about the talk.maemo forums and trying to give back a bit of techy goodness...Keep up the good work

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Moto Z spotted for only 249€ at german Saturn stores.
Almost 40% cheaper than on any price-searchengine!
Black is gone already thou

EDIT completely sold out by now, sorry.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-04-21 at 13:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
crowdfunding, hwkbd, tainted love