Active Topics

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
you should relocate to /usr/local/.. and ensure ordinairy user have rights i guess
Mhmm, as mentioned I'm an absolute novice so I don't get it why this should help.

To what I know, write access to /usr/local is only possible by root by default. Changing this would also require root privileges. So I would end up setting SUID - which I'm not allowed for Jolla Harbour. In addition for Harbour the directory structure is pretty much strict and bans /usr/local as far as I understand it. And even if I said I'll only publish on OpenRepos from now and ignore the Harbour rules, it would be quite of a hack which I don't like to do... If I missed anything or simply don't know crucial details, please let me know. I'm willing to learn.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ygriega For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
As the Developer Regatta isn't over yet, and I would like to see more applications for fremantle/harmattan, now is the chance to try out the QtSDK for windows with device emulator.
So also people can write some application without a hardware. I know this will never happen. However hope is the last to die.

Here the link.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Application submission: Bootyhunter
Project Name: Bootyhunter
Author: tadzik (me!)
Brief description: A Geocaching application for SailfishOS
Category: Something new
Features/work to be judged: The whole application
Package name and where to find the app/repository: Bootyhunter: https://openrepos.net/content/tadzik/bootyhunter; harbour QA in progress
talk.maemo.org thread: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...84#post1522184

Screenshots:

Question: should I add it to the Coding Competition wiki myself, or is that not for me to do?

Last edited by tadzik; 2017-01-18 at 14:01.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
Project Name: DartsScore
Author: rgrnetalk
Brief description: DartsScore let you keep track of your score when you are playing a dart match. Two players start with a total score of 301. After entering the (triple or double) scores for the three darts of the throw of the player, the score is calculated and subtracted from the total score of the player until the total score is zero. A match is standard best of 1 set and best of 3 legs. The player to start the leg is indicated (with *). Throw score and total score after the throw are presented in a listview. Match and leg averages (for three darts) are calculated after each throw. In match settings you can choose the number of sets, legs, starttotal, the player to start and the showing of the averages. The settings are saved on acceptance.
Category: something new (although small parts are used from the Ubuntu morsesender app from Robert Ancell, thanks)
Screenshot(s): (see attachements
Features/work to be judged: the whole application
Package name and where to find the app/repository: jolla harbour
talk.maemo.org thread(if exists): not available
Code can be found at: https://github.com/rgrnetalk/harbour-dartsscorer
Attached Images

Last edited by rgrnetalk; 2017-01-30 at 12:50. Reason: submission to harbour (and small changes)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgrnetalk For This Useful Post:
I updated my Fast chess app for the Regatta. The app is available in Open Repos and hopefully soon in Harbour also.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rikujolla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Submission: tIDE

Screenshot(s):
Attached Images

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
So I started developing this app about two years ago, when I first got the Jolla phone, then never really got around to finish it. Now my Jolla is dying (screen cracked -> touch not working properly) and I thought I take the opportunity to submit it here, there still might be someone interested. Otherwise I might forget about it again... Here it is:

Submission: Pyrrha

Project Name: Pyrrha
Author: me - github.com/corecomic
Brief description: Pyrrha is a cute Pandora Radio client.
Category: Beginner
Features/work to be judged: Whole application
Package name and where to find the app/repository: harbour-pyrrha: https://openrepos.net/content/corecomic/pyrrha

Screenshot(s):
Attached Images

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to comee For This Useful Post:
Still one and perhaps the last update before the deadline of the Regatta. Enjoy the Fast Ches version 0.7.2 with the features added:
- Spanish translation by Carlos Gonzalez
- Increased accuracy of the clock in the boardview
- Clock data synchronized in two device play, network delays subtracted from to time accumulated
- Clock and increment settings synchronized automatically in two device mode

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rikujolla For This Useful Post:
To those who haven't done so yet, it's always a good idea to make it easy for people to translate your applications. You can apply for hosting your applications' translation efforts for free at Weblate or Transifex as long as you show them the source code is available (which doesn't seem to be a problem looking at this thread!). This lets anyone translate your applications online, without requiring them to know how to work with GitHub or the likes.

The more languages your applications are available in, the more useful they will be!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Germany
Application submission: OSM2go updates
Project Name: OSM2go
Author: Dakon aka. DerDakon (Rolf Eike Beer)
Brief description: OSM2go has been improved lately. It now uses C++ for many things, which results in reduced memory usage (std::vector and friends instead of handcoded single-linked lists). It gained some new features (e.g. nested presets, so a newer set of JOSM presets can be used), a couple of memory leaks were fixed. Based on the C++ port a Qt5 based GUI will eventually come, hopefully bringing OSM2go to Jolla.
Category: Fixing/Updating
Features/work to be judged:
- speed and memory improvements (e.g. https://github.com/osm2go/osm2go/com...8bbf2dc273f793 https://github.com/osm2go/osm2go/com...de8895b0b6e9db )
- new presets features (list of presets used in the currently selected object [presets -> "Used presets"], multi-level presets hierarchy)
- usability improvements (e.g. place node at current GPS position, "Update all" to update all project OSM files)
- the good karma that someone still updates programs for the N900
Package name and where to find the app/repository: osm2go (the version in the store is outdated) https://github.com/osm2go/osm2go
Attached Images