Active Topics

Little tinkering around... I installed a Zarafa server with Z-push active sync. It works pretty well with Jolla's exchange sync. Just one question... has anyone been able to change the default calendar in Jolla? I can only create new meeting to default calendar which doesn't sync to my server. If I create an appointment in server, it will sync to my device but I just can't create new ones from the phone. Also, it would be nice to be able to sync all contacts to the server, but so far I haven't found out how to do it.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Calendar sync is pretty rubbish at the moment. I am awaiting feature updates to improve this, one of the few things I miss.

there are some android apps there that handle calendar and emails independently. i found some for exchange but they are paid apps.

i'll survive on OWA for now if i need to do anything that the internal apps don't handle.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
I've experienced this 3 times so far... just want to see if anyone else has too.

Double tap device to wake up, but for about 20-30 seconds (or at least it seems that long) the screen just refuses to respond to anything - slide up, slide down, slide side, etc. After the 20-30 seconds, everything suddenly is peachy and works perfectly.
I have experienced this as well. Also, if I press the power button the screen flashes to lock screen, goes dark again. But after this it is working normally. Have to search together.jolla if this issue is already raised up there.

Also, i am REALLY REALLY growing frustrated with the WLAN connectivity. It is still totally like a shot in the dark for me. Issues are so bad that I normally don't even use WLAN with the phone. Also, some android apps have started to behave weirdly, as one can inform me that I do not have connection to the network, but on the same time I am happily surfing the web with firefox or Webcat. This happens also with GSM network.

But still, jolla is growing better every day. I changed back to N9 for awhile, but after week or so, I was already eager to start using Jolla again

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Any recommendations on a CLI network monitoring tool? pkcon doesn't seem to have vnstat - is there anything else I could try?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Any recommendations on a CLI network monitoring tool? pkcon doesn't seem to have vnstat - is there anything else I could try?
I think nieldk had some in openrepos.net but he removed them. Maybe pm him?

PS: nieldk, I found parted, zypper and vim for sailfish expectionally useful, thank you! Hopefully after I got my phone back in working order again I'll be able to use them again (please).

not sure if this has been posted before but today i discovered it is possible to stand the jolla phone up on the table like the N900 with its kickstand.

just rest the jolla phone in landscape mode on the side and you can watch videos.

my son discovered this and i was surprised i didn't try it earlier.

edit: only works if you have it resting on the side that doesn't have the power and volume buttons.

Last edited by droll; 2014-01-27 at 16:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Some good news about the upcoming release, from TJL, @bijjal: "Landscape mode in Browser, keyboard and gestures will be part of the upcoming release."

EDIT: And features included in 1.0.3.3 being tagged with "jan14" there: https://together.jolla.com/questions...:jan14/page:1/
So far tagged:
1. Landscape mode in keyboard, gestures, browser and messages
2. Differentiate native SailfishOS and Android apps in Jolla store
3. Show slash (/) in the on-screen keyboard of the browser
4. Confirm calling from call list to prevent pocket calls
5. In calendar app it should be possible to select agenda and enter location

Nice find @jjaone!

Last edited by zlatko; 2014-01-27 at 18:00.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I like all them and have voted for all but the last one, which has just been a recent issue for me so glad it's included.

NFC patch is NOT in this release, just so everyone doesn't remove their bits of tin foil

Not seen Dave999s sig lately, has he got a countdown timer going ?

It may have been asked in one of the 255 pages ...but is there any way to set folder to be ignored in the gallery section. I have over 1000 album art pictures clogging it up along with a load of pictures from a car manual taht I would like to exclude.

Many thanks

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience