Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Perhaps mplayer will be better.
I think it was MPlayer on OS2007 that played the clips that OS2008 Media Player totally fails on. This is disappointing as great things were mooted for the OS2008 Media Player.

But then we are using a build that is at least 1 step away from the final so maybe that will change in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
So, is the Treo 700P ARM processor more powerful than the N8X0? Or is it that TCPMP is better software? I'm not trying to beat up on my N800...I was just hoping that I could use it for casual video. Perhaps mplayer will be better.
If the Treo can handle it, I'd think the CPU and DSP of the N800 could handle it, blame the software

mplayer will probably be better, it certainly was for me in OS2007.

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
But then we are using a build that is at least 1 step away from the final so maybe that will change in the next few weeks.
We can only hope

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Just pop aflegg's mediaserv on the Linux server and be done with it. Just remember to use the mplayer profile and bump it up to around 1000Kbps.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Just pop aflegg's mediaserv on the Linux server and be done with it. Just remember to use the mplayer profile and bump it up to around 1000Kbps.
That does me no good when I'm at work...