A little story to share.

I popped into the Apple store in Manchester trafford centre and thought I'd just have a play with the iPhone. A young and not very knowledgeable assistant came across asked me if I knew that the phone had a compass in it to which I said yes, but he ignored that and began trying to amaze me at a compass. He then claimed he was a mobile phone expert and knew everything there was about iPhones and nokias ... Long story short, I put the little twit back in his place and at the end of the argument there were 8 sales assistants standing around me. Moto of the story : If you are going to talk the talk, then please, walk the walk.

Now some of you will say what has this got to do with anything, and I agree, it hasn't, it just made me laugh and I wanted to share.

Peace.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maemoexperts For This Useful Post:
Yeah, that's not a good story. Especially when you use phrases like "little twit." Please don't post that on your website. You're starting to make me think that someone might have to buy you out of your domain name.

Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
Hey all you maemo enthusiasts,

just want to say goodbye to N900 and maemo. I was really thinking about buying one, but luckily, I got my iphone 2 weeks ago.

For me the situation is quite simple:
- Nokia did a really, really bad job concerning product communication (here I mean the announcment of a release date, not any product marketing - have you seen any?)
- The iphone is (for me) better anyhow (what counts for my daily mobil use: thinner, low weight, no mechanical degrees of freedom)

Well, if a spend several hundred bucks for a smartphone, I want a up to date product . The iphone is now ahead all smartphones I checked so far. Design, Interface and, well take a look at the AppStore, the choice IS impressing.

I wish you a early delivery - hopefully before the iphone 4G is out

-SmartMic

you wasted time and created a thread to say all that ****. go play in some traffic.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Yeah, that's not a good story. Especially when you use phrases like "little twit." Please don't post that on your website. You're starting to make me think that someone might have to buy you out of your domain name.
The story was a bit longer than what I posted, as the guy actually started shouting at me, So, yes I was a bit annoyed and twit is the right word. As for the domain name, relax, its only a story.

Originally Posted by maemoexperts View Post
The story was a bit longer than what I posted, as the guy actually started shouting at me, So, yes I was a bit annoyed and twit is the right word. As for the domain name, relax, its only a story.
Sure, I'll relax. And while I'm doing that, why don't you take that bogus website down.

lol. i can't believe this is still in debate. and that the people who have succumb to Apple marketing honestly thing an iPhone4g will be worth it's weight in gold proves how well Apple market thier phones.

Any techie will tell you that the iPhone is for the average joe who just want the next top brand kit and not for someone who wants a proper tool.

ALso the fact that the iPhone needs to be jailbroken says it all really.

open source and xterminal ftw inho.

one pro of the iPhone is its modern appearance. But that's really as far as it goes with me. Only good thing to come from apple in recent years is the MacBook pro which uses pc hardware.

I could go on. But i won't. Because there's a forum of educated opinions here that will back up what i'm saying.

Originally Posted by sprite View Post
lol. i can't believe this is still in debate. and that the people who have succumb to Apple marketing honestly thing an iPhone4g will be worth it's weight in gold proves how well Apple market thier phones.

Any techie will tell you that the iPhone is for the average joe who just want the next top brand kit and not for someone who wants a proper tool.

ALso the fact that the iPhone needs to be jailbroken says it all really.

open source and xterminal ftw inho.

one pro of the iPhone is its modern appearance. But that's really as far as it goes with me. Only good thing to come from apple in recent years is the MacBook pro which uses pc hardware.

I could go on. But i won't. Because there's a forum of educated opinions here that will back up what i'm saying.
Welcome too 2009.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Thanks for bumping a thread that's half a month old...

All are saying correct to there views. But atleast I am agree with his point that, " why they release an incomplete mobile??" I think they spoiled there market with N900 till now. Dnt know what after the updates. But, not everyone accept the argument that with the updates, it will be perfect and more than others especially when they have already spent a huge sum of money. Majority wants to see something special and perfect when they are purchasing an expensive thing. Hope u agree.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
All are saying correct to there views. But atleast I am agree with his point that, " why they release an incomplete mobile??" I think they spoiled there market with N900 till now. Dnt know what after the updates. But, not everyone accept the argument that with the updates, it will be perfect and more than others especially when they have already spent a huge sum of money. Majority wants to see something special and perfect when they are purchasing an expensive thing. Hope u agree.
Got to agree here and god knows i have slagged off Nokia all because of this N900, its got to be the worst example of a mobile of any kind from the Nokia stable ! and considering the bad press the N900 has now achieved in its own right i might add !!! but but but... no way even after all the bad comments and sarcasm i have made towards this worst example of a Nokia device can anyone even compare it to an IPHONE... no way can it any way be a comparison as its not open source for one and the jail breaking speaks for itself ... i still say NOKIA should be held to ransom over this N900 and some huge pressures should be applied to them for taking more than 4 months to still have a useless mobile and my gripe is and always will be ... why the hell are grown up so called linux developrs churning out stupid apps and games that basically taking the mick out of an open source mobile ... why has Nokia themselves not got a proper development team working on this device instead of leaving it to end user to sort out all the problems ! is this what we paid £500 for ? NOKIA your well and truly going to suffer badly for sure sure unless you pull this together and give people there monie's worth, get a life NOKIA and do something to gain back the credit you once had.

Tags
leave with dignity please, not so smart after all