Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx

The Following User Says Thank You to noipv4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
hmm that is some nice information there guys, thanks a bunch for the replies and the list of stuff I have for media player is
- Extra Codecs,
-Media player IM status
-Subtitles

can these be the issue? although I must say Its much better on PR1.2 than PR1.1.1

Last edited by jackie_jagger; 2010-06-22 at 08:54.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by jackie_jagger View Post
hmm that is some nice information there guys, thanks a bunch for the replies and the list of stuff I have for media player is
- Extra Codecs,
-Media player IM status
-Subtitles

can these be the issue? although I must say Its much better on PR1.2 than PR1.1.1
Try reading the replies, the answer to your question came before you even asked.:

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
are you sure you didn't installed any media player addon?
for example subtitle or extra codec. Those are known to cause problems, also the sms music title style app also causing problem with the media stuttering. Mine is stock and i'm not having this problem since after i uninstalled those

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jackie_jagger View Post
I understand that the N900 has limited resources, but something like playing music smoothly is one simple expectation, I remember my 5800 doing this very easily ! I'm not sure about the whole overclocking thing due to battery issues !
This is one thing that makes me sometimes wonder. Did you forgot that with 5800 you could only dream about things what you are doing right now concurrently.

Still there is problems with multitasking and as you have noticed you have some problems with IM accounts and music so maybe you should try other IM clients. Experiment, test, learn, try, study etc.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
look at this bug. only fixed this week, coming to a PR near you in due course.
[URL="https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7190"]

looks like they fixed the pulseaudio part. Probably bigger cache buffer or changed priority inside the pulseaudio submodule for playing.

Pity we had to wait soo long, to fix something which was already happening to my lovely N900 back in November ... Bad user experience when I was showing it's virtues to my iPhone loaded colleagues...

Anyway, it's fixed. Another 3 months before PR1.3 is out ? Let's hope not.

Last edited by Netweaver; 2010-06-22 at 09:45. Reason: bad formatting of the URL

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by noipv4 View Post
This should explain.

http://www.sabi.co.uk/blog/anno05-3rd.html#050923
Hmmm... It doesn't quite explain much, as the blog post is almost 5 years old and the code in question was modified in 2007.

If changing the page_cluster value affects performance, I'd say it's for some other reason than the one hinted at in the blog post you linked to.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
What does that do??
http://www.linuxinsight.com/proc_sys...e_cluster.html

page-cluster

page-cluster controls the number of pages which are written to swap in a single attempt. The swap I/O size.

It is a logarithmic value - setting it to zero means "1 page", setting it to 1 means "2 pages", setting it to 2 means "4 pages", etc.

The default value is three (eight pages at a time). There may be some small benefits in tuning this to a different value if your workload is swap-intensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Try reading the replies, the answer to your question came before you even asked.:
yea thanks for that ! Just having a hazy morning lol !

@slender : true that, all I'm trying to do here is try to get the most out of it ..and not complaining !!

@Netweaver: that sounds just like the issue I'm facing, great to see bugs are still being fixed for Maemo ! lets hope the update comes out soon !!

Cheers