Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Erlangen, Germany
Hey all you maemo enthusiasts,

just want to say goodbye to N900 and maemo. I was really thinking about buying one, but luckily, I got my iphone 2 weeks ago.

For me the situation is quite simple:
- Nokia did a really, really bad job concerning product communication (here I mean the announcment of a release date, not any product marketing - have you seen any?)
- The iphone is (for me) better anyhow (what counts for my daily mobil use: thinner, low weight, no mechanical degrees of freedom)

Well, if a spend several hundred bucks for a smartphone, I want a up to date product . The iphone is now ahead all smartphones I checked so far. Design, Interface and, well take a look at the AppStore, the choice IS impressing.

I wish you a early delivery - hopefully before the iphone 4G is out

-SmartMic

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
Have fun

Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
he iphone is now ahead all smartphones I checked so far. Design, Interface and, well take a look at the AppStore, the choice IS impressing.
Call me back when it multi-tasks... and oh yeah, when I can actually decide what to do and what to have on my phone, not Steve.

Have fun.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Hello, goodbye?

Whatever the case may be, have fun with your purchase.
See you in 6 months.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to synthaxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Enjoy your fart apps.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Enjoy your app store, we have packages.debian.org.

Reminds me of the wife that left her husband cause she did no see enough of him

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
- Nokia did a really, really bad job concerning product communication (here I mean the announcment of a release date, not any product marketing - have you seen any?)
Nokia doesn't do release dates for any of its phones.

Never thought the iphone was that good, thing that i hate about it, They all look the same and far too many people have them now, bit boring and out of date in my opinion.

What is worrying is that the Jailbroken apps have come a long way over the last year or so. Now with multifl0w for multitasking they are not that bad of an option. I still believe the N900 has got the edge for me, but for many the iPhone is a good choice.

Whatever your likes or dislikes, the iPhone is a real option for people that feel messed about by Nokia.

Now, where's my replacement N900 ..........

Tags
leave with dignity please, not so smart after all