Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
...BUT! Classic Nokia shenanigans. What a surprise. The web is packed full of comments from people updating their S^3 devices to Anna, only to find certain features go missing, error messages on reboot, promised features such as portrait qwerty not there, the list goes on.
And to keep up their relentless giving-American-customers-the-finger, apparently they will be last on the list of countries for the update. Great new US strategy Nokia. Wonderful start.

I'd like to see Elop try to update his N8 and have those problems people are having and realize things aren't going the way he likes to think they are. But he doesn't use an N8 does he. Or an N9. He probably uses a prototype iPhone5 the numpty.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I've been laughing at some of the comments over at AllAboutSymbian. I'll probably have a go at updating my N8 later, if only because at least one user has suggested that the Anna update cures the 'purple screen' issue (seems unlikely, but worth a go). The only third-party software I have installed is Opera Mobile, so I don't have much to lose on that score. Maybe this update will fix the issue with the Ovi Store application (endless loading after previous update). Nokia really are a bad joke when it comes to software updates. :/

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I have had Anna for two months now, now problems.

I don't understand you americans. You will be among the first to have WP. You constantly whine about Symbian, yet you want to be treated as first class customers.

You are a sorry bunch of cry babies.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post

You are a sorry bunch of cry babies.
A bit harsh. People are only waiting for ages for an update to fix some things Nokia should've included straight out of the gate in 2010. I mean, come on, portrait qwerty? People (like my brother) who bought an N8 in late 2010 have had to wait nearly 10 months for that one simple feature, a feature that is actually part of Opera Mobile browser!

I don't think Americans are cry babies (I'm British by the way) I just think anyone is entitled to a bit of a grumble when they spend $500 on an unlocked device and get crappy customer service, while their friends are on $99 phones subsidized by AT&T and Verizon, and have portrait - bloody - qwerty.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I think ericsson's attitude may well be shared by people within Nokia, which would go a long way towards explaining their current situation. Oh well, there's plenty more fish in the sea.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
It is normal procedure for Nokia to release updates in a staggered fashion. It is not Nokias fault that the US is 8 hours behind. So you have to wake up before you update your phone - so sad so sad - fck Nokia - and it's all Elops fault, i's a part of WP-Elop trojan maneuver. It must be, there is no other possible explanation.

This was a forced release. I bet they wanted to turn attention away from this:

http://dailymobile.se/2011/08/16/sym...e-to-download/

And by the testing of it, seems more stable than Anna at it's current state...hmmm

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is normal procedure for Nokia to release updates in a staggered fashion. It is not Nokias fault that the US is 8 hours behind. So you have to wake up before you update your phone - so sad so sad - fck Nokia - and it's all Elops fault, i's a part of WP-Elop trojan maneuver. It must be, there is no other possible explanation.
Your hatred is immense!!! Did Elop nail your mother?

Chill out - come 2012, we're all dead anyway, so enjoy your shiny new N9 when it comes out

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
no body gives a fk about symbian now a days ,it is way too old fashioned .feels like living in Stone-Age .

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
no body gives a fk about symbian now a days ,it is way too old fashioned .feels like living in Stone-Age .
Stone age my ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCW813XWSZw

And btw, how do you know how it feels to live in the stone age? Have you had such an experience? Please become a public figure and share your experience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia, symbian anna