Active Topics

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I suppose all TMO users will reunite in this topic. This is a major problem affecting N8X0 and N900 users.

Yes, I believe this is a Google caused problem. My N810 will no longer recognize contacts that were previously active. I use Trillian on my PC and they just rushed out an update due to Google changing things. Please some Maemo Guru, come to our rescue with a patch for this.

One of my friend has updated me that Google has changed the way to send/retrieve contact list. Now it sends contacts with: <ros:query xmlns:ros="jabber:iq:roster"/>, but should do this with: <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster" /> which is an XMPP standard. I really don't know why they've changed this...

http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3921.html#roster

-------
Above solution is given on a google site....please can anybody help...how to apply this in N900 or N8X0 phoness???

THanks in davance for help...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nimesh.gupta For This Useful Post:
@christexaport
are you able to use the post given by me ,,,if yes pls tell me method to work gtalk on my n900 using ....the above path provided by google

can anybody help pls?

It sounds like the code that has been changed by Google is now known... do we have someone knowledgeable in Maemo who can either code and distribute a patch or give advise (very detailed) on how to change it locally? My N810 is pretty much just a MP3 player without chat.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
It's looking like N900 is being Outdated by Gmail, Skype, etc......
Keep N900 ALIVE!!!!!!!

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I'm surpriced nobody have complaided gmail not working on N900 any more. I have not been able to read gmail using modest mail client since Aug 4. (It is the date of my last succesfull refresh.)

If I do manual refresh it shows me a number of new emails. When I try to open the Inbox, nothing happens... Same with any other gmail folders: None of them can be opened.

Anyone else has the same?

I have the same problem. Have filed a bug

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12329

Hopefully someone will fix this

The Following User Says Thank You to sajomathews For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Wait, I'm confused. When did gmail get lumped into this topic? I've been having a problem with Gtalk since August 18th, but I am NOT having any problems with Gmail in Modest.