Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A few days ago I posed the question about whether or not there was a site for n900 wallpapers, and then immediately followed it up with the exclamation that since there wasn't, I was going to do it (but not before debating whether or not it was needed ).

I spent the weekend putting together something basic but functional, and I feel happy at this point to invite you to come and have a look. I was going to add tags and things, but I figure I can do that properly later down the line when it's needed.

So.. My contribution to the community.... I give you n900wallpapers.com - hopefully soon to be home to the best n900 wallpapers around

In the next few weeks I'm going to be converting as many high quality creative commons and public domain wallpapers as I can get my hands on. If you know anybody who makes wallpapers and/or themes, it'd be awesome if you could point them in this direction too - the more options for customization we have, the better!

Anyway. I hope you all find this useful, and maybe in a few months it'll be quite a great resouce

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by code177; 2009-10-04 at 18:27.

The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hmm might I suggest a category for longer wallpapers? Since we have about 4 virtual desktops you can make use of wallpapers that "wrap around"

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
If you want any photos to turn into wallpapers, let me know. I'm a fiend for taking pics of the seasons especially... like my device to have a seasonal feel to it!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm might I suggest a category for longer wallpapers? Since we have about 4 virtual desktops you can make use of wallpapers that "wrap around"
If you have a look, all wallpapers are intermixed as 1,2,3, or 4 desktop packs.

Check out http://n900wallpapers.com/browse/abstract for example

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
If you want any photos to turn into wallpapers, let me know. I'm a fiend for taking pics of the seasons especially... like my device to have a seasonal feel to it!
Make them and submit them! The more choices we have, the better! Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
If you have a look, all wallpapers are intermixed as 1,2,3, or 4 desktop packs.

Check out http://n900wallpapers.com/browse/abstract for example
Ah I see. Ok, I didn't understand the meaning of desktop packs :P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Make them and submit them! The more choices we have, the better! Thank you!
Ok... imagey things I can do. I'll spend a few days making some sets: autumn, spring, etc.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Ah I see. Ok, I didn't understand the meaning of desktop packs :P
AH! Good feedback. I've changed it to "Wallpaper pack" instead of "Desktop pack". I was going to put panorama in there somewhere, but that'd make no sense if it was only 2 desktops in the pack.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy
Ok... imagey things I can do. I'll spend a few days making some sets: autumn, spring, etc.
Awesome! Winter and Autumn are probably going to be popular categories once the N900 has been release, given the timing. Christmas wallpapers would go over super well too I think - we're all going to want one...

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I've changed it to "Wallpaper pack"...
Actually you should change it to "Maemo 5 Image Sets" to coincide with what they're called on the N900.

Also, read this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=13353

You're free to add mine to your site. Ask others if they don't mind.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Actually you should change it to "Maemo 5 Image Sets" to coincide with what they're called on the N900.
Done and done.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
You're free to add mine to your site. Ask others if they don't mind.
Tim
Awesome!
If you could create an account and let me know where your images are nevermind i found them, if you could point me in the direction of the non-watermarked versions I'll upload them assigned to your username.

Last edited by code177; 2009-10-04 at 19:43.

Tags
backgrounds, maemo 5, masturbatory fantasy pics, n900, themes, wallpapers