Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I'm about to get a spare N900 as my wife is thinking of replacing hers.

Her specs are rather simple:
- She likes qwerty's (does not want a screen keyboard only)
- She takes some pictures but nothing too advanced
- She reads her email and facebook
- She texts
- She calls
- I reject doing business with a CDMA carrier, so no Sprint or Verizon equipment.

That's about it.

Nokia's are out of the question (no to symbian and no to WindowsPhone, too bad the N950 was never sold), Motorola's are a big no, no due to a previous motorola that was heavily disliked.

So what qwerty Android device would people here recommend? I'd mention to say that despite being in the US we do buy our phones unlocked, so I don't care too much about which carrier has what (except for no CDMA only devices).

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
I fall back to Nokia Asha 303. Same demands from my wife, I said no to symbian and wp, but Nokia remains valuable choice.

She does not need a smart phone, when feature phone with very good battery life will do absolutely the same.

Last edited by lidow; 2012-03-23 at 14:03.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
First of all, kudos to your wife for having an N900. \m/

second, there is no replacement to the N900...no other device is close to N900s "nature"

If you mean a qwerty phone and just that... there are plenty of options. The Samsung captivate glide, the Motorola Droid 2/3/4 (aka Milestones), HTC Desire Z, Sony Xperia Pro and others...

But... I would recommend the Nokia E7 (Belle)

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by lidow View Post
I fall back to Nokia Asha 303. Same demands from my wife, I said no to symbian and wp, but Nokia remains valuable choice.

She does not need a smart phone, when feature phone with very good battery life will do absolutely the same.
This will be of no use for Facebook and e-mail though.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro or Xperia mini pro should be better options.

Last edited by Sopwith; 2012-03-23 at 14:31. Reason: added suggestions

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
i agree with hellasisgreece..it would be the Nokia E7 with the new symbian belle...which "kinda" gives an N900-ish look (place widgets & shortcuts wherever) and it also "kinda"looks like android...yet still symbian all the same....you should have the wife/yourself look at the new updated belle OS and maybe youd realise that it aint that bad as what people slate it out as...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertHall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
This will be of no use for Facebook and e-mail though.

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro should be a good option.
Why not, this is from the features page:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...eatures#social
A powerful social networking hub

With the Nokia Asha 303, it's easier than ever to stay connected to what's important to you. It’s powerful, with a 1 GHz processor, and features the latest 3.5G and Wi-Fi support for fast connectivity. You can view activities from your home screen at a glance and jump right in with a touch – whether it's browsing Facebook, chatting on WhatsApp, or accessing email.

Of course I do not claim that this will be better Facebook or E-mail client than Android or other smartphone. Anyway my wife is happy at what it does and most desired feature looks to be the incredible battery lifetime.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Droid 4 is the best choice according to her specs But thats a BIG NO . A Galaxy Note in that hands of a women is do damn sexy...

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Droid 4 is the best choice according to her specs But thats a BIG NO . A Galaxy Note in that hands of a women is do damn sexy...
Bro, you have issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
for a Lady it has to be Elegant
do Consider Xperia S P U or Neo

Oops.. i just read about QWERTY so my above post becomes useless

anyways you can choose among these 22 QWERTY's
ANDROID PHONES WITH QWERTY KEYBOARD

Cheers

Are we married to the same woman?

My wife had the same wish 2 weeks ago, now I have two N900 (I refused to sell hers) and got her a Samsung Galaxy Note device.... She is absolutely thrilled with it....

It seems big, but definetly better than other devices regarding surfing the Internet. And there is alot out there concerning apps and games.

And I am thrilled walking around with my 2 N900s

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abuakram For This Useful Post: