Originally Posted by wolke View Post
p.s.: is there really no way to put a file in /etc/init even with an incepted deb? nokia debs put stuff there; i guess those debs update the immutable-dir hash somehow.
I haven't really investigated this. I think it should be possible with Inception, but is it absolutely necessary? Isn't it enough that the daemon starts automatically during start-up? At least I didn't have any autostart issues after creating a deb with _aegis and digsigsums. I didn't even use Inception during installation and the flashlight, camera shutter and my own script work fine. Which of your program's functions need more rights than are already available in the stock installation?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
If/when this will be a deb install with a GUI to configure it, I'll be glad to use it and pay for it! Just sayin' :P

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
me too

too short

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
mmhmm, i was in the middle of making such a deb last weekend, but my jobby job got jobby.

p.s.: is there really no way to put a file in /etc/init even with an incepted deb? nokia debs put stuff there; i guess those debs update the immutable-dir hash somehow.
Ask itsnotabigtruck and a few others. He is the head of inception.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

build a deb, aegisized.

turns out i need 'GRP :: pulse-access' to work the flash...

anyone wanna test the deb in the OP?

all you should need to do is install the deb {and the dependencies}, and it should work immediately. {if you reboot, it will start back up after a minute}

you can stop it and restart it as root like this:
stop apps/n9-button-monitor
start apps/n9-button-monitor

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Just installed the deb. Works great thanks.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I've tried the .deb file from the first post but I'm running onto problems when installing it.
1. It wont install with either the app manager nor with xterm "apt-get install".
2. When trying to install the dependency packages it's abborting with an error code 1 (aegis rejecting it).
3. apt-get -f install same problem as 2.
4. It's breaking alot of installed apps when trying to install the n9_monitor.deb, wich can be fixed by reinstalling one of the broken apps.
If you need more info just ask, if you want i can upload screenshots.

Regards Dousan...

I've flashed a custom zImage/kernel to be able to dualboot Nitdroid, could that be the issue?

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
I've tried the .deb file from the first post but I'm running onto problems when installing it.
1. It wont install with either the app manager nor with xterm "apt-get install".
2. When trying to install the dependency packages it's abborting with an error code 1 (aegis rejecting it).
3. apt-get -f install same problem as 2.
4. It's breaking alot of installed apps when trying to install the n9_monitor.deb, wich can be fixed by reinstalling one of the broken apps.
If you need more info just ask, if you want i can upload screenshots.

Regards Dousan...

I've flashed a custom zImage/kernel to be able to dualboot Nitdroid, could that be the issue?
apt-get is for installing packages that come from repositories, not manually downloaded deb packages. to install this, you should type "dpkg -i n9-button-monitor*.deb". {you can then do "apt-get -f install" to automatically fetch missing dependencies and complete the install, if you like, or you can just install the dependencies first}

HOWEVER, if you cant apt-get install the dependencies, then something is wrong with your system. these packages are available through normal repositories, and should all 'just work'.

this will show you where the packages are coming from:
{they should all be downloads.maemo.nokia.com}
{run as root}
Code:
apt-cache policy xresponse x11-utils python-qmsystem python-qtmobility.multimediakit python-qtmobility.systeminfo python-pyside.qtgui python-pyside.qtcore
if youre still having trouble, paste that output, the aegis-rejecting output from installing the dependencies, and the output of this
{run as root}
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
p.s. i dont know anything about dual booting nitdroid, but i do flash zany kernels all the time, and it shouldnt affect this.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Thanks for your reply wolke, i'll try it again.

My mistake, it's a mis type of command, i did use dpkg -i 'your.deb' file to try to install it through xterm.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9