Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Did you play Transport Tycoon in past?
Poll Options
Did you play Transport Tycoon in past?

Let this be an official Transport Tycoon thread on Internettablettalk.

User gabo(at)toimii . net made a Maemo version of Transport Tycoon game, based on open source Transport Tycoon clone OpenTTD. It looks fantastic on N770.

Here is info about Transport Tycoon for Maemo: http://openttd.toimii.net/maemo/

Original Transpor Tycoon data can be found here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=3407

Although author claims that game cant be maximased yet, it can. Not byfleet maximasing button but by usin settings inside the game. Inside game go on setting dialog and there is small button without label in sectio screen eesolution. Clicking on button maximises the game.

The game have no icon so you will probablly need a way how to kill it. Yuou have to use xterm. The game shoud be killed with sig 9. Use

killall -9 openttd

to kill the process.

Just tried it out!

It works great!
Excellent work!

Not even gonna complain about the crash I had, It was sooo worth it!

Oh, the memories... they're all coming back to meee!

Could the friendly admin move this thread to the Gaming forum here?

I had Railroad Tycoon II for Linux. Well still have. I wonder if it would work on the 770 or some future model as well.

Ok, so now I'm gonna complain about the crashing...
Have tried to play three times, and every time it has crashed the whole device... So something is definitely not right... Let me know if I can supply any debugging info.

Also: a feature request: could it be possible to make things much slower? Operating with stylus just isn't as fast as with a mouse on a normal computer, and it makes playing so much harder.

Looking forward to giving this a try once a few more things are worked out.

I'm having problems installing on the n800. Saved the .deb to my device, then tried 'install from file...' from app manager. I get an error stating 'incompatible with current hardware'. Are there dependencies i need installed first? I apologize for my newbieness, but i've only installed from the repositories thus far

Unfortunately, not all 770 apps run on the 800. This is one. The hardware is different. And any app that runs on the 770 but not OS2006 definitely won't run on the 800.

There are some apps that work on both platforms... but the developer will usually say so ...

n770 shipped first with Internet Tablet OS 2005, then OS 2006. The 800 has OS 2007. Apparently, the processors have binary compatability, but different video and audio hardware. Seems apps that do sound or high level graphics are unlikely to work...

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Metropole Steinen, Germany
i have a problem with openttd on the newest version of os2006, i can't install it any fix for it?