Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Just curious about browsing new messages here on ITT. I've noticed that after I select New Posts & walk away for a while, all the new posts are sometimes lost, or rather marked as read, by the time I make it back. As well, when I read new posts at home but can't finished them all, of course they're all marked as read by the time I get to work.

Is there any setting that would allow the posts to remain new for me until I select Mark Forums Read? I suppose if it's cookie-based so there's no way that could work across multiple pc's/broswers, but hey, it never hurts to ask (unless the one you're asking has a clue-bat in his hand ... ).

TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

If you just do a refresh after a certain time has lapsed, your previous search results would have expired. Make sure you hit 'New Posts' again or bookmark this link:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo....php?do=getnew

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
If you just do a refresh after a certain time has lapsed, your previous search results would have expired. Make sure you hit 'New Posts' again or bookmark this link:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo....php?do=getnew
The link you provided provides the same results the OP was asking about.

Originally Posted by bluesubaru View Post
The link you provided provides the same results the OP was asking about.
The New Posts button & the provided link are one & the same, so I agree, no diff.

Reggie, if there is some other option, I'd love to hear it. Obviosuly not a biggie, just a nice-to-have.

TX
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

You can use this which will show all recent posts, including the ones you've read already: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hp?do=getdaily

Is this what you prefer?

Remember, bookmark the link above, not the resulting link it produces.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
That will do it!

And like Reggie says, don't click on the link and save the resulting page; create a bookmark with the url as it appears above. (right click/save link location/-create new bookmark-/paste)

Last edited by bluesubaru; 2008-03-12 at 17:09.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
You can use this which will show all recent posts, including the ones you've read already: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hp?do=getdaily
Not exactly what I had in mind, but it works. Just to clarify, does that bring up post from the previous 24 hours, or posts made on today's date?

Remember, bookmark the link above, not the resulting link it produces.
No problem. I understand the difference.

TX

I just noticed that there's no need to save the getdaily link anywhere, it's available under the Quick Links as Today's Posts.

Now whether Reggie just added it or it was always there & I never noticed it (which is quite possible for me), regardless, thanks Reggie

I just tried the getdaily link for the first time & was disappointed to find that it only shows the threads that were updated, not links to the individual posts (as the New Posts link does).

Ideas?
TX

I'd love to see a preference to disable the timeout, drives me nuts when I lose the "Go to first new post" links

Generally I queue up all the new posts in tabs on my laptop, so it's not as big a problem there, but that's not really possible on the tablet.