Posts: 12 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Weird, I need to set the stacked window attribute for both of the windows for this to work properly!

And I have another problem. My second window is NOT destroyed when the back button is pressed. It is destroyed when the first window is closed. Is this normal?

My problem here is that I need to stop a QTimer when the second window is closed. Any signals sent for this?? secondWindow->destroyed() obviously doesn't work in my case.

Edit: I'm using Qt 4.6 tech prev 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Talvis For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to rkm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Talvis View Post
Weird, I need to set the stacked window attribute for both of the windows for this to work properly!

And I have another problem. My second window is NOT destroyed when the back button is pressed. It is destroyed when the first window is closed. Is this normal?

My problem here is that I need to stop a QTimer when the second window is closed. Any signals sent for this?? secondWindow->destroyed() obviously doesn't work in my case.

Edit: I'm using Qt 4.6 tech prev 2
Yes its normal, the stacked window is passed to the main window as a ctor param(?)
so it will be destroyed when the main window is destroyed.

have you tried setting the attribute Qt.WA_DeleteOnClose on the stacked window ?
Im not sure if it will work but worth a try.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
thanks krk and rkm! both reimplementing the close event and setting the delete on close attribute sound exactly like what I was looking for. I will try these once I get back to hacking!

Hi,
How about if I want to put a Button (or an Action) next to the 'Back' button, just like when I use File Manager to delete one file, there is a 'Delete' button on top of the window, next to the 'Back' button, when I click on delte, it deletes selected files and returns to original window.
How to implement that? I try to use toolbar but no use.

Last edited by lamle; 2010-04-25 at 14:31.

Lamle, for that, you need to use QMaemo5EditBar widget. You also need to put the window in fullscreen mode if you don't want the title bar of the window to appear...

Originally Posted by Ignacius View Post
Lamle, for that, you need to use QMaemo5EditBar widget. You also need to put the window in fullscreen mode if you don't want the title bar of the window to appear...
Hi Ignacius, Thank you for your reply. However, sorry for my silly, I am developing using Madde and I dont know how to how to use that qt-maemo5 library in Windows, seems not possible for Madde. I also try with esbox and maemo 5 SDK in linux environment, it works in the simulator but then when I create debian package, esbox exports an empty .deb file with only structured folders but nothing else. Can you help me with this?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
Yes its normal, the stacked window is passed to the main window as a ctor param(?)
so it will be destroyed when the main window is destroyed.

have you tried setting the attribute Qt.WA_DeleteOnClose on the stacked window ?
Im not sure if it will work but worth a try.
Perhaps you could try to call deleteLater() on it, or destroy it explicitly.

Hi,

Originally Posted by lamle View Post
Hi Ignacius, Thank you for your reply. However, sorry for my silly, I am developing using Madde and I dont know how to how to use that qt-maemo5 library in Windows, seems not possible for Madde.
this library is not available for 4.5, which comes with MADDE. A bit more details in this post.

Originally Posted by lamle View Post
I also try with esbox and maemo 5 SDK in linux environment, it works in the simulator but then when I create debian package, esbox exports an empty .deb file with only structured folders but nothing else. Can you help me with this?
I guess there are some mistakes in your packaging configuration, which cause the empty debian. But to find out you would have to provide more details

Daniel

Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
I guess there are some mistakes in your packaging configuration, which cause the empty debian. But to find out you would have to provide more details
Hi Danielwilms,
I followed exactly like what is said in the document, in esbox choose generate debian structure and then choose create debian package with fremantle-atmel env. I think esbox has some problems with that. There nothing else user can do.